PDA

View Full Version : williams clio on throttle boddies

jimarsh
26-01-2010, 23:04
dont realy want to get rid of this but it it goes for the right price then i will sell

williams clio number 0022. I bought this from Mark fish (some of you might have heard of him ) about a year ago now and it was running spot on no problems wat so ever but i thought there was more potential in the car and more power to be gained from it.

The first spec.

Standard ecu with pima racing performance chip
Webber throttle bodies
Omp strut brace
Coil overs ( not sure what ones)
Bosch super 4s
Plus all the other standard parts that come on the williams

I then took it to my local rolling road and asked if there was anyway of gettin more power out of it and he said a start would be uprating the ECU and a few other lil bits and bobs

Spec 2

All of spec 1
Omex 600 ecu
Omex wiring loom
Supersprint exhaust mainfold
Mark fish decat pipe
Drilled and grovved front and rear disks
EBC green stuff pads front and rear
Braided brake lines front and rear
Toyo R888 tryes

Once all of the above was done i had to get the maped and set up right so i took it to my local rolling road again called track and road in essex he set it up and the print out showed it had 150bhp and 120lbft but he said if i was to cut a hole in my bonnet and extend the trumpetts i could get more power. So i went and bought another bonnet as i didnt want to rewin the standard one and cut a vent in it and extened the trumpet by 90mm took it back for a tweek on the rollers and it poduced 165bhp and 140lbft of torque.

this car is in very very good condion indeed and doesnt need no body work doin to it at all. The interior is imaculate aswell

i will try and get photos uploaded but not quite figured out how put them up yet if u do want to see pictures pm me your email and i will send them over.

you might be able to see some pics on this webiste
http://www.clio-williams.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,363.0.html

as i said if it doesnt sell i will keep it so if you think the price is too steep it fair enough.

im lookin for £5000 for it

cheers hope to hear from people

schakal
26-01-2010, 23:13
those figures look pretty low for a throttle bodied williams
engine imo :shock:

cooper
26-01-2010, 23:26
those figures look pretty low for a throttle bodied williams
engine imo :shock:

thats wat i was thinking lol

cooper
26-01-2010, 23:32
just been looking at the pics, wat happens if it starts raining an ur miles from home??? :?

jimarsh
26-01-2010, 23:36
i no its running a bit less power than it should be but its at a safe power due to it having standard internals. it can always be put up which wont cost too much due to it having omex

What do you mean if it rains lol ?????????

schakal
26-01-2010, 23:38

you cant compress water going into cylinders ,
which will lock the pistons (hydro-lock)
new engine time :wink:

thats what he meant ,i think :D

Wobba
26-01-2010, 23:53
Is that power at the wheels or fly?

jimarsh
27-01-2010, 00:18
at the wheels

cooper
27-01-2010, 00:37

you cant compress water going into cylinders ,
which will lock the pistons (hydro-lock)
new engine time :wink:

thats what he meant ,i think :D

u got it in 1 mate :wink: , surely if it rains it will be sucking in more water than air.

have u had any problems with it mate??

jimarsh
27-01-2010, 00:42
no problems wat so ever

LEIGH-ANNE
27-01-2010, 14:57
Please keep on topic now lads :D

Allan
09-02-2010, 01:23
hmm number 22... did stromba buy that one ? or was that number 20 i was thinking about...

Tommo
09-02-2010, 09:58
Not sure mate, I know he has or had 0002 and 0200