PDA

View Full Version : Coilovers fully adjustable

JoćoCosta
23-01-2010, 02:34
i'm searching a set of coilovers fully adjustable for my new project, a clio racing car and if you don't mind i need some advise about who is a good or the best suspension for a car like these!!...this car only will be race on circuits and a few tarmac rallyes...

Regards

stevie_b
23-01-2010, 13:21
Depends on budget really. How much are you looking to spend?

JoćoCosta
23-01-2010, 13:54
really doens't matter...only search for a good set of this...

but if you know a lot of this, tell me what my options are and for what values

stevie_b
23-01-2010, 16:14
Talk to Evogone / Cliorod on here as they both rally their Clios - I only do track work :wink: I've heard Proflex are very good from one or both of them in the past I think.

JoćoCosta
23-01-2010, 16:25
i wait for their reply...thanks any way :wink:

Twincam
23-01-2010, 18:03
Proflex are good but very expensive and im not convinced they are worth the extra cost

Got a quote from them at £1550 plus vat for a front shock and £850 plus vat for a rear. Remeber thats each :shock:

Think im going to go for Avo 3 way remote resvior dampers on my rally car :D

Although AST suspension said they could machine me some they were more expensive than the Avo's

As said above it depends on your budget

manxseven
23-01-2010, 20:23
LEDA

Not used them but am also looking at suspension upgrade.

http://www.leda.com/index.html

kit I am looking at is about £1300.

Simon

cliorod
25-01-2010, 00:26
I currently run a very "Hybrid" set up,it comprises of some "special" adjustable ride height tubes with the screw adjusters on them,Bilstein inserts,with PROFLEX springs and top mounts ~~~~ all carefully put together by my mate Mick at "A" Frame engineering :wink: :wink: ,who just happens to do a lot of machining work for Gordon Birthwhistle of PROFLEX :lol: :wink: :lol: .
Rears are rose jointed Gp.A Bilsteins.
I also have a full set fronts & rears of Chassis Dynamics remote reservoir struts and shockers :wink: :wink: :wink: .These are undergoing (slowly) a full and total rebuild.

I used the current set up on the "Tour of Mull" and they worked superb over the brows/crests etc :wink: :wink: .

I believe the remote reservoir AVO suspension are very good,a friend who bought my first Clio has just fitted them,I think there might be a thread on here somewhere showing them :oops: :roll:

JoćoCosta
25-01-2010, 00:55
Cliolord do you have pics of your setup??

and what is the chassis dynamic you have??

Tommo
25-01-2010, 16:00
:shock: :shock: tell us more Jon

richy
25-01-2010, 20:33
my suspension is worth more than my car... PM me if you want some details, but it's shockingly expensive (no pun)

its only a mk1 172 so will be worth about 50p wont it ? :wink:

cliorod
26-01-2010, 00:42
Cliolord do you have pics of your setup??

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h305/Cliorod/0014-1.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h305/Cliorod/0013.jpg

I will take a some pictures of the Dynamics at the weekend ~~ the fronts are stripped down.
Rod