PDA

View Full Version : Williams 3 Trackday car - Parts wanted! Bonnet, etc..

RustSolutions Racing
29-12-2009, 06:23
Hi All - The first post (of many no doubt).

We are prepping a clio Williams 3 for trackdays - Not started just yet but we have the car and a set of cobra clubmans to go in for now.

I am looking for a williams 3 bonnet, I have a bonnet but its is 449 blue and I need Monaco blue (432 blue if im right?). If you have the same problem can swap! :D I also have doors, etc all in 449 blue. will put all this in the right section of for sale parts!

Any other parts that may be of use, poly bushes, rollcage, brake lines, upgraded this n that, etc.... Dont have a fortune as we have to keep it on a budget, but if anyone has any parts laying around then let me know. Can collect, or if you have been on here for a while then I dont mind postage on smaller parts.

We are getting this Williams 3 sorted out, but we also have a clio 16v that my mate will be driving as well, we plan to get them in identical livery! If anyone else wants the same livery put on there trackday car I would be prepared to pay for it! Seriously. Wait until you see our cars first. Again, if you help us we would put you logos on the cars as well.

I will get a blog or something sorted out for anyone interested to follow.

Now start looking for any parts you dont need. Clio cup, Group A/N, etc need apply!

Thanks in advance and a big hello to you all :D

northy
29-12-2009, 20:31
good luck with the build.

Get a project thread running asap 8)

RustSolutions Racing
29-12-2009, 23:21
Hi Northy, I am on it now mate, creating a page on our website as we speak.

I will also get a post up tonight offering all members 10% off everything on our website - Details to follow! 8)

Thanks

LEIGH-ANNE
29-12-2009, 23:23
Welcome to the site mate!

Whats ur website?

RustSolutions Racing
30-12-2009, 01:14
Hi Leigh Anne, Thanks for the welcome! The website is www.Jenolite.com

Its handy for any restoration work, rust removal mainly, but there is also Re-Paint ACE that is good for inner arches, underside, engine bay, etc... I am just finishing off the webpage designed for the story of my williams 3 so far, it will be on this link:

www.jenolite.com/williams_trackday_car

RustSolutions Racing
30-12-2009, 01:46
The above link is missing the .htm at the end.

Here is the full link:

http://www.jenolite.com/williams_trackday_car.htm

I have added the Williamsclio forum logo on there - Any objections?

2 live
30-12-2009, 02:18
welcome to the site mate. seems u have the perfect business/co. name for the williams. lol

Coops
30-12-2009, 12:19
welcome mate

northy
30-12-2009, 16:53
good luck with the bulidmate - jenolite hey couldnt of picked a better car haha as 2live says.

So u own jenolite or just work for them ???

RustSolutions Racing
04-01-2010, 09:48
Hi Northy,

I own Jenolite.com (approx 7 years) and the company name is RustSolutions. If you click on www.RustSolutions.co.uk it brings you to the same website - In the future I may seperate the websites.

I take it you have heard of it before?

We bought the Clio Williams to get involved with trackdays and possibly mild racedays (MSV for example, see some people looking at that in the forum as well). Its so we can start to let the younger enthusiats/restorers know about Jenolite and other products we have. Some of the younger audience have never heard of Jenolite as it was in short supply a while back. Spread the word Northy! :D

Wait til you see pictures of our back arch, there is no metal to treat LOL. We will have to get the welder in, but I will be treating it before and after the welding so will put a post up seperate for that with pictures, etc.

Got a Techni clutch on ebay for £50 and also some nice blue cobra clubman seats, all I need is some time now (and some subframes for the seats)............back to work in the meantime.

RustSolutions Racing
04-01-2010, 09:51
welcome mate

Hello mate, thanks.

RustSolutions Racing
04-01-2010, 09:53
welcome to the site mate. seems u have the perfect business/co. name for the williams. lol

Hello mate, thanks. Looked at some old posts, you sound like STIG, but for the Williams LOL.

northy
04-01-2010, 10:04
yes ive used Jenolite alot previously, But i have now swapped over to Bilt Hamber products. Sorry to swear at you haha.

However - rust removal / treatment is something that would greatly benefit the club. I will pm you separately.

Will look forward to your progress on the car. If you need any help or williamsclio merchandise / sponsorship please let me know.

RustSolutions Racing
04-01-2010, 10:22
LOL, I love a bit of competition, bet you only swapped over to BH as Jenolite was out of stock for a while.......right? :?

Years back I tried Bilt Hamber on a Morris Minor Pickup - My first resto project, I also tried Clarke rust remover - Glad to say I would only ever use Jenolite myself. If you ever want to run any comparioson tests you know where I am.

Tell me more or PM me about the merchandise/sponsership - You will get in trouble for going off topic haha.

northy
04-01-2010, 11:33
i swapped a long time ago now - probally 7 years ago, carnt remeber the reasons tbh. I still used Jenolite inbetween. Bilt hamber went out of production for years. But came back a good 3 / 4 years ago.

Anyway - i will get that pm written 8)

LEIGH-ANNE
04-01-2010, 16:55
Hmmm....not been online for a week so just seen the replies.

Ive just bought a williams 1 (aswell as my 2) which happens to be full of rust :lol: :roll:

Im in southampton so not that far from you tbh.....If ur good at rust removal/treatment/prevention id be happy to send it to you...

Talk to me :wink:

2 live
04-01-2010, 19:54

Hello mate, thanks. Looked at some old posts, you sound like STIG, but for the Williams LOL.

lol.i wouldnt go that far.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

would be good to see some results from your products tho. the track car could do with a bit of treatment as will most on here too no doubt. lol ...the tin worm isnt good to the poor little french hatches. well.....except tommo ;)

RustSolutions Racing
04-01-2010, 20:22

Ive just bought a williams 1 (aswell as my 2) which happens to be full of rust :lol: :roll:

Im in southampton so not that far from you tbh.....If ur good at rust removal/treatment/prevention id be happy to send it to you...

Hello Miss Tibbs (talk to me, haha). You can send it to us, just pop it in the post with a SAE! :D

Why not give it ago for yourself? Show the guys how its done for me. I have a good few women customers, not all doing cars, some like to do there gates, cast iron baths (even silver cross vintage prams!) - I think its great!

LEIGH-ANNE
04-01-2010, 20:51

Hello Miss Tibbs (talk to me, haha). You can send it to us, just pop it in the post with a SAE! :D

Why not give it ago for yourself? Show the guys how its done for me. I have a good few women customers, not all doing cars, some like to do there gates, cast iron baths (even silver cross vintage prams!) - I think its great!

PM Replied! Get on it :lol:

My willies arent going anywhere without me im afriad :D :wink:

As said, yea be happy help. Ill do some proper pics etc.

And i think id stick to sorting the car lol....

ThRaXaIR
04-01-2010, 20:57
come on then your all mouth no trousers, i want to see some results guys! my willy needs some maintenance in the arch and under area. :P