PDA

View Full Version : Non-shagged aux pulley bracket/tensioner

Wobba
08-12-2009, 17:44
Mines shagged now. Cant tension belt the normal way!

jas1159
09-12-2009, 12:39
just force it in place with a bar and do it up tight ;)

Wobba
10-12-2009, 01:15
Hehe, yea I have...it's just I am going to be replacing the PAS pump and waterpump over Xmas and thought it would be a good time to get this fixed too...plus it would eliminate one more thing from things that could be causing that annoying noise...

:)

cliokiz
10-12-2009, 01:20
Just get a new tensioner - if your belt is at the correct tension now, remove the bracket, mark the position of the tensioner, remove old tensioner, fit new tensioner in correct place, tighten, refit bracket, hook alternator through AUX belt (with tensioner already tensioned), use a bar to pull the alternator away from the block and tension the belt, then insert the 13mm bolt to secure.

This is the way i do it and it's much easier. No fiddling about, perfect every time.

Wobba
10-12-2009, 01:26
Just get a new tensioner - if your belt is at the correct tension now, remove the bracket, mark the position of the tensioner, remove old tensioner, fit new tensioner in correct place, tighten, refit bracket, hook alternator through AUX belt (with tensioner already tensioned), use a bar to pull the alternator away from the block and tension the belt, then insert the 13mm bolt to secure.

This is the way i do it and it's much easier. No fiddling about, perfect every time.

Ahh right I was wondering if you could get a new tensioner separately...should have consulted dialogys!

Wobba
10-12-2009, 01:46
lol

For reference its part number 77 00 851 321

Tensioner/Belt W/bolt

£89.70

Renault can get stuffed.