PDA

View Full Version : WANTED!

sancho
13-11-2009, 21:13
Hello all,

I'm after a Williams Clio. Budget is £3k. The more history the better, receipts for cambelts etc essential.

I'm after something totally unmolested and original. Minor mechanical problems (needs new pads, new tyres etc) not a problem. If it's drivable and can be fixed at Kwik Fit, not a problem. I absolutely promise I will not be taking it to Kwik Fit though....

Not too worried about mileage if it's been properly maintained, but it would be nice to stay below six figures. Series not important, although a 1 would be nice.

I think that's the lot.

jamiecrookston83
14-11-2009, 13:22
It's £600 over your budget but have a look.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Clio-Williams-One-No-226-Excellent-Condition_W0QQitemZ110449882491QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ Automobiles_UK?hash=item19b753757b

schakal
14-11-2009, 13:29

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Clio-Williams-One-No-226-Excellent-Condition_W0QQitemZ110449882491QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ Automobiles_UK?hash=item19b753757b

that surely is a joke right ? 3.6k for rusty arches ??

Items that you may wish to amend / faults

* O/S rear arch is rusting slightly.
* N/S rear arch could also do with some attention; however the condition is not bad at all.
* Driver’s door has a small ding in the metal work above the mirror.
* A small patch of rust on the rear tailgate.
* Driver’s seat has had a small repair to the cloth at some point in its history. It is about 9mm long and is not very noticeable at all.
* The exhaust heat shield is missing - these are £60 from Renault - I can supply the part number if necessary

scubaray
14-11-2009, 13:30
mate ive got a willams if your interested,bought it for my son to get roadworthy but he moved off to spain after he left the army, runs like a dream all mechs are sound, needs a wheel ,tires and some tlc but if you want it, i only want my 850 it ows me and its yours if your gonna care for it? could be a great car for the one who owns it.

jamiecrookston83
14-11-2009, 13:33

that surely is a joke right ? 3.6k for rusty arches ??

Items that you may wish to amend / faults

* O/S rear arch is rusting slightly.
* N/S rear arch could also do with some attention; however the condition is not bad at all.
* Driver’s door has a small ding in the metal work above the mirror.
* A small patch of rust on the rear tailgate.
* Driver’s seat has had a small repair to the cloth at some point in its history. It is about 9mm long and is not very noticeable at all.
* The exhaust heat shield is missing - these are £60 from Renault - I can supply the part number if necessary

Ya think you may be right.

y0z2a
15-11-2009, 23:15
Its mine on ebay...

Just to clarify, the arches are sound, they would need some cosmetic work to make them "perfect". I think it is realistic given that there is so much that has been brought up to date on it.

It has been reduced to £3300 ono.

/y0z

sancho
15-11-2009, 23:25
mate ive got a willams if your interested,bought it for my son to get roadworthy but he moved off to spain after he left the army, runs like a dream all mechs are sound, needs a wheel ,tires and some tlc but if you want it, i only want my 850 it ows me and its yours if your gonna care for it? could be a great car for the one who owns it.

Thanks, but I don't really have time to sort a fixer-upper at the moment. Once I've had one for a bit and know something about them, that would be a real possibility, but I'm looking for something I can get in and drive home straight away.

sancho
15-11-2009, 23:31
Its mine on ebay...

Just to clarify, the arches are sound, they would need some cosmetic work to make them "perfect". I think it is realistic given that there is so much that has been brought up to date on it.

It has been reduced to £3300 ono.

/y0z

At £3k, that would be what I'm looking for, but I'd have some worries about the tailgate, to be honest.

Your ad doesn't mention what the problem with the suspensions was an whether it's fixed.

y0z2a
15-11-2009, 23:35
There is/was NO problem with the suspension - there is some movement in the top mount, but this is something that i have looked at and have decided that there is nothing at all wrong with it - it was simply an observation from the MOT tester...

If you turn up with pound notes then I would consider a sensible offer around what I am looking for.

/y0z

Tigeryang
30-11-2009, 19:26
ive got one sitting over at my parents doing nothing, all it needs is mot/tax (i could arrange that if neccessary tho) 2 new front tyres and discs and pads all round. its on 72k and had loads of new parts b4 it went sorn including, alternator, battery, front fogs, cambelt change with the 72k major service (receipts to prove). its got 1 ding on the passenger door (very small) and very slight bubbling on the drivers arch, great condition apart from that tho!

id be happy with anything over 2 grand for it, if interested pm me and i can give more details and pics

cheers

Tony