PDA

View Full Version : Valver/williams on tow (by an E39 Touring) - M25 J24ish

Matty86
07-11-2009, 19:41
Spotted this morning at about 9am on the M25 at about J24 going anti-clockwise

gave me a flash as I did my flyby :D

I'm sure i recognise the tow-car (have seen a pic of an e39 with several engines in the back! :D)

stevie_b
09-11-2009, 10:10
Hi Matty. Was coming on here to do a 'was it you' myself as hoped the other party might have seen me flashing! I was up at 5am to get the trailer out of the barn and Clio put onto it as it didn't stop raining on Friday night for me to get it ready then. The trailer got stuck in the squidgy ground and took all my strength to get it out to the drive and hooked up properly. The perspex window dropped out of the boot frame and smashed by the time I had got to the end of the drive, the sat nav on my organiser crashed and would not come back to life and my nice new car cover on the car had shredded itself to pieces as soon as I got to 50mph. Then there was the four-hour drive to drop the car off to have the engine fitted to look forward to! It wasn't a great start to the day but at least it was dry and bright so the rear wouldn't fill up with rain. I nearly turned round and went home about 0.5 hr into the journey as I was that fed up with the whole thing. Then as I trudged along at about 55mph I heard this familiar noise alongside me, and when I looked across it was none other than a Williams. And then I saw the 'Ring sticker on the back and remembered why I was doing all this and it was all going to be worthwhile and things were great in the world! So thanks for that Matty - you did well to spot it was a Clio on the back as most of it was under what was left of the cover and I presume you deliberately dropped a cog or two as you went past as a result? Your car sounded great! It was such a little thing but it changed my whole day for the better. I knew I had no chance to catch you up anywhere so a load of flashing was the best I could do to show my appreciation!

I'm still not looking forward to do it all again in reverse to collect the car, but at least when I see it again it will have an engine in it and some ITBs to look forward to.

Thanks again!

Coops
09-11-2009, 10:24
matteh's is a valver mit pikie 172 lump in it, nicht ein williams ja? :wink: :lol:

stevie_b
09-11-2009, 11:34
You're no doubt right Coops - just checked his profile. I only saw from the rear and speed differential meant I didn't get the best of looks :lol: It was 449 though! I see on your profile Matty that you are probably fairly local to me - I'm near Colchester - so hopefully see you around again one day!

LEIGH-ANNE
09-11-2009, 18:08
Little things like that make my day too arrrr bless u both :D

Matty86
15-11-2009, 00:38
haha, glad i could brighten up your day!

my clio-senses are strong, can spot a valver under a cover a mile off! :D

and yeh, I might've dropped a cog or 2 :oops:

I'm near loughton, so not far from you at all! :)