PDA

View Full Version : Mods...

1995clio16v
07-11-2009, 18:24
I now need to start thinking about what im going to do regards mods on me new project.

Few questions.

a) Knife Edged Crank and Lightened Flywheel? Waste of time? How much could I expect to pay? Ive done quite a bit of reading up and really does seem to be 50/50 as peeps seeing this a worth it or waste of money.

b) Injectors? Can I upgrade these from another renault? Whats involved. Im using my old 1.8 head on the engine. Dont know whether this comes into it.

c) Wheres a good place to look at uprated pistons/conrods? Links please...

d) Torx bolts. Presume these are just a standard issue thing? Not specific to engines getting hot etc?

Cheers
8)

stan
08-11-2009, 13:49
I now need to start thinking about what im going to do regards mods on me new project.

Few questions.

a) Knife Edged Crank and Lightened Flywheel? Waste of time? How much could I expect to pay? Ive done quite a bit of reading up and really does seem to be 50/50 as peeps seeing this a worth it or waste of money.

b) Injectors? Can I upgrade these from another renault? Whats involved. Im using my old 1.8 head on the engine. Dont know whether this comes into it.

c) Wheres a good place to look at uprated pistons/conrods? Links please...

d) Torx bolts. Presume these are just a standard issue thing? Not specific to engines getting hot etc?

Cheers
8)

No point in knife-edging the crank. Lightening the flywheel is limited as on the OE ones you can only remove kinda few hundred g..it all helps though.

Std injectors are fine.

I can supply uprated pistons and conrods--they retail at £765+vat for a wossner piston and H section rod set, or £468+vat for the pistons alone. email me info@ap-developments.com if you want any more info.

I'd replace all the torx bolts with cap heads, though some are m7 and arent std stock in some places, though they can be got on special order.

Allan
08-11-2009, 14:35
best place to get replacement ones say ?

Its a nightmare snapping torx bits !