PDA

View Full Version : Full suspension geometry setup

Wobba
05-11-2009, 01:35
I am looking at getting AST solid top mounts (group buy anyone?) and maybe camber adjustment bolts. I am also looking at polybushing my old (and powdercoating them) willy wishbones with new balljoints as I have R19 ones at the mo and I believe they slight affect castor.

Anyway, with AVO's, camber bolts AND camber/castor adjustable top mounts there will be a lot to go wrong on the suspension front so I am looking at advice and experiences from people who have had this level of professional setup done by anyone for the Williams...cost, was it worth it, do I really need a professional etc etc

Wobba
06-11-2009, 21:19
I guess you've all suddenly lost the ability to read/spam threads :(

richy
06-11-2009, 21:38
if the set-up is done right then it can def be worthwhile, also depends what you are gonna use the car for, and if you like the feel of how it drives etc as everyone is different.

i have the settings for both the cup racers and grp N rallye cars, mine is currently set up with the grp N settings, but i also run the correct springs/torsion bars etc aswell for this.

even so it can be a little bit of playing to see if you like it etc, inc ride heights

cliokongen
06-11-2009, 23:25
AST top mount group buy - I'm in! :D

I enquired with Powerstation over a month ago about AST top mounts.... Still no answer! Bad service in my book! :?

JoćoCosta
07-11-2009, 01:06
One question...if you are looking for the adjustable top mounts in camber and castor why are you interested too in camber bolts?? :roll:

Wobba
09-11-2009, 14:24
One question...if you are looking for the adjustable top mounts in camber and castor why are you interested too in camber bolts?? :roll:

Because I have heard differing views on the camber adjustment on the top mounts so I am considering both.

Wobba
09-11-2009, 14:27
AST top mount group buy - I'm in! :D

I enquired with Powerstation over a month ago about AST top mounts.... Still no answer! Bad service in my book! :?

I think you have to call them. I'll be dropping them a line during the week when I am less busy!

Yea, group buy would be nice. I think Cliosport did one.

JoćoCosta
09-11-2009, 16:53

Because I have heard differing views on the camber adjustment on the top mounts so I am considering both.

Can you explain to me??

Wobba
10-11-2009, 15:02

Can you explain to me??

The top mount camber adjustment I hear is limited. Until I fit some I am unsure.

Is anyone still up for a possible group buy?

LEIGH-ANNE
10-11-2009, 15:06
if the set-up is done right then it can def be worthwhile, also depends what you are gonna use the car for, and if you like the feel of how it drives etc as everyone is different.

i have the settings for both the cup racers and grp N rallye cars, mine is currently set up with the grp N settings, but i also run the correct springs/torsion bars etc aswell for this.

even so it can be a little bit of playing to see if you like it etc, inc ride heights

:twisted: noice!

JoćoCosta
10-11-2009, 15:25
of course the top-mount is limited as the camber bolt too...around 6 degrees(-3ŗ to +3ŗ)

But if you can set caster in your alignment you gain camber indirectly...hope you can understand me...

More important than camber is Caster... :wink:

p.s: i'm interested on the group-buy, one is sure, the second i have to find out...

cliokongen
10-11-2009, 15:35
Still interested in the group buy!

Wobba
10-11-2009, 21:15
Still interested in the group buy!

See main forum post.

schakal
10-11-2009, 21:23
fitting shit like that you want to find a proper place that does
corner weighing and 4 wheel allignement .
you can also get rear camber etc adjusted with the right knowledge :wink:

i will be looking in to this myself in a couple months ,i will let you know
how it goes 8)

Wobba
10-11-2009, 21:26
Kewl :) Corner weighting sounds a good plan, just trying to find a place that has the ability to do it right near me.

schakal
10-11-2009, 21:38
Kewl :) Corner weighting sounds a good plan, just trying to find a place that has the ability to do it right near me.

garage near me does that sort of thing , they look after a race
prepped mx5 so they have the right equipment and knowledge
for it . shall visit them once the 9 beast is out the workshop :D