PDA

View Full Version : GAZ coilovers

davidbuttigieg
31-10-2009, 22:16
Just bought a GAZ GHA coilover kit and noticed that the rear shocks are very easy to adjust damping (knob turns easily) but the front ones could not turn at all (using no tools, just the bit given with the set). The ones I have are not the GOLD series so damping is adjusted from top of shock shaft. Am thinking that they can only be adjusted when fitted and using a spanner, but wanted to ask you guys to check if everything is ok with them. They will be sitting for a while in my room before I get them fitted (clio is at the sprayer for a new paint job) so I can't check them.

Any one got same coilovers ?? or knows if this is normal or not ??

Wobba
06-11-2009, 21:21
Whatever you do, don't force them. You should be able to hold them in place and adjust I think but without experience of GAZ coilies I am not sure...

richy
06-11-2009, 21:44
Just bought a GAZ GHA coilover kit and noticed that the rear shocks are very easy to adjust damping (knob turns easily) but the front ones could not turn at all (using no tools, just the bit given with the set). The ones I have are not the GOLD series so damping is adjusted from top of shock shaft. Am thinking that they can only be adjusted when fitted and using a spanner, but wanted to ask you guys to check if everything is ok with them. They will be sitting for a while in my room before I get them fitted (clio is at the sprayer for a new paint job) so I can't check them.

Any one got same coilovers ?? or knows if this is normal or not ??

does the kit with a tool for fitting on and adjusting or are do they have a larger built in adjuster?

for example the avo coilovers on the front are top adjustable and come with a black plastic tool which you use to adjust, to do it without by hand isnt that easy, but the rear shocks have a built in adjuster knob and easy to work

were as the ledas i have on all 4 shockers they have a large plastic adjust built in and they all easy to adjust

unfortantly like wobba ive not seen how there designed on the GAZ stuff