PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Evo IV (Forged Engine)

smeagy
15-10-2009, 12:59
With regret I have to sell my beloved Evo IV. In my current circumtances I just cannot afford to run it and maintain it to the standard it deserves.

I have owned it now for about 2.5 years originally purchased from Xtreme in Dudley. It came with an already forged engine that had done about 25k so was ready for good power. When I bought it had about 94k on clock I was told it was converted to miles at about 91k it has around 110k on clock now so chassis has done about 76,000 miles.

I have a folder full of receipts from parts bought and work carried out. Around April 2008 I had an evo 7 clutch, cover and new bearing release fitted and also got a lightweight fidanza flywheel fitted. Since this has been fitted I have done 1 sprint at Harewood Hill and 1 trackday at Oulton Park so plenty of life left the e7 clutches can be given much abuse and last for a long time. I have recently had a minor oil leak from the oil return pipe which is common as my oil sump had seen better days got a better used sump fitted, oil and filter change oil return gasket replaced.

It has about 10 month MOT and 6 month tax on it.

spec:
Forged Engine upgrade done by Steve Hill Motorsport and includes:
ARP head studs 11mm set
Gp 'S' Oliver Conrods
Bearing Conrod plain std SO
Bearing Crankshaft std SO
Bearing Crankshaft centre std SO
Gasket kit, engine overhaul
HKS head gasket 1.0
Also carried out crack test head and skim, rebore cyclinder block gas flow cylinder head fit new HKS pistons, oliver conrods, HKS head gasket. APR head bolts and he also replaced the rear anti roll bar bushes.
--------------------------------------
Evo 9 GT (71 series) turbo
Fast Road Piper 264 cams (these are high lift cams and are quite lumpy on idle)
Fidanza adjustable pulleys
Evo 7 exedy clutch and cover
Lightweight Fidanza flywheel
Evo400 induction kit
Magnacor ignition leads
Pair of front Stand 21 racewear bucket seats with OMP subframes and sparco side mounts.
17" Compomotive MO alloys (matt black)
215/45 tyres fitted
Evo 5 shockers all round lowered on Tein S tech springs
Brembo brakes
Carbotech XP8 pads all round
Walbro fuel pump
Evo 5 ECU (mapped by TRL)
Knocklink fitted
Blitz dual SBC boost controller
3" Blueflame downpipe
3" mongoose cat back system
3" decat
Stainless turbo elbow
Standard evo 9 manifold ported and polished
Toad cat 1 security

It was mapped at TRL in Halifax where at 1.4 bar 390atf with 380lb/s of torque was achieved I have upped the boost alittle to around 1.5 to 1.6 bar so I imagine now it will be around 400atf+. I have full print outs of the rolling road when it was mapped at TRL.

Aircon has been removed this was to save weight

I have also recently gave it a full coolant change and replaced spark plugs with some NGK BPR8ES gapped at 0.6mm. Also just replaced the both front wheel arch liners with brand new ones from Dave@ears but the drivers side seems to be catching on full lock no idea why as passenger side is fine I think its due to the washer bottle but not sure how to sort

bad bits.
---------
knocking noise sounds like coming from rear there is a strong possibilty this could be the fuel filler neck as it has come lose the bolts that hold it in have rusted of by looks of it and its banging against subframe so possible easy fix or could be worn shocker, tein springs are brand new from end of last year so unlikely to be these.
Mongoose back box sometimes get a tinny sound when reved most likely baffle has gone in it.
I would say 3 of the alloys could do with a good refurb.
Geometry needs doing steering vibrates around 80mph but I just haven't bothered doing this with issue on possible suspension.
Recently had an MOT 10month left I got a couple of advisorys. On the nearside rear looks like suspension leg has rotted quite abit very common place apparantly will need welding up. Also the tester said the drivers side rear brake pipe was slightly corroded and could do with replacing.
I would suggest the first thing you do is give it a gearbox and transfer box oil change this was done last year sometime as I had uprated front diff bolts replaced at same time but could do with some fresh oil definitly.
The paintwork isn't the best and could definitly do with some TLC. The front bumper could do with a full respray. Bonnet has sun fading this could possibily be sorted with a good polish G10 or something never tried. I have rolled the rear arches in past and had them resprayed but then fitted 225/45/17 tyres seemed ok but after doing trackday at Oulton they had rubbed the paint of around arches (wasn't happy as you can imagine) I have since got a proper rolling arch tool and done them again but each side will need some paint work doing, a friend at garage did them for at £50 a side before. There is also a slight mark on passengers side rear door near bottom looks like some has scuffed it in a car park or something I have tried polishing it out but its not fully gone again some good polish G10 might do trick
I have been as honest as possible don't think I have missed anything else.

I also have lots of other photo's on my computer of exterior and interior just email me and I will send them you.

Note the metal recirc valve isn't there anymore replaced with a standard plastic one and also the cooling panel isn't there. The interior I have removed the OMP steering wheel as it was just too small for a road car and replaced it with an RS steering wheel a lot better

£4,000

I have priced the car very reasonably in my opinion with the spec thats on it even with the flaws listed.
any questions drop us a pm or give us a call on 07985070448

I will consider any offers and p/x deals.

smeagy
15-10-2009, 13:02
few more pics :)