PDA

View Full Version : anyone got a cat i could borrow for MOT?

cyberbeej
28-09-2009, 19:47
As the title suggests, I'm looking to borrow a cat for my Mot of a williams 3 i bought for a toy/ track car. Needs an MOT for the track to get there, I bought it with a decat pipe fitted and never noticed at the time to ask if they still had the cat. Doh!

FATBOY
28-09-2009, 20:32
you will be surprised, that some cars with a decat can still pass the emissions test

schakal
28-09-2009, 20:34
you will be surprised, that some cars with a decat can still pass the emissions test

probably would , but the car being registered after 92
it will require a cat regardless of emissions :wink:

cyberbeej
28-09-2009, 20:35
i'm never that lucky,
I read a post on this forum that said some will and some won't depending on age etc but it wasn't exactly clear. would rather just fit one and not chance it.

cyberbeej
02-10-2009, 09:19
had the emissions checked at the mot station yesterday, trns out that i do need a cat, so if i can beg borrow or buy one it has to be fitted.

any for sale?

Chris H
02-10-2009, 10:24

probably would , but the car being registered after 92
it will require a cat regardless of emissions :wink:

wrong! The car doesn't need a CAT, to be fitted

even the latest emissions compliance regs don't require a cat, they just have to meet the emissions, just so happens they need a cat to do it.

Anyway theres very little chance it will pass with no cat unless theres something iffy on it which may bring the emmisions down enough to pass you'll find the NOX sky high but lucky thats not part of the test eh!

Slam
04-10-2009, 11:34
I'm in same situation. Anyone got on to sell i barnsley huddersfield wakey leeds area?

Would a cat off a 1.no chance 98 clio fit? I dunno if its still on my old un as theres not many parts left due to not caring for it.