PDA

View Full Version : remapping of ECU

davidbuttigieg
10-09-2009, 23:10
Hello all,

What do you mean exactly when in several posts I read 'remapped ECU..' ??

Does it mean to change the ECU's EPROM ?

I recently got a valver and am planning to put in some high compression pistons and some cams along with some head & bottom end work therefore the ECU would need some work too.

Alot of you guys would ask why don't I just buy an F7R to start off with .. well that's what I would like but here in Malta these cars and engines are really rare. Infact there's just one Williams I know of in Malta.

Back to the ECU again .. I am asking the above because I doubt there is some one here in Malta who burns EPROMs. I have to check around.

Thanks,

David (MALTA) :D

kj16v
11-09-2009, 10:46
Hi. In the case of Clios, yes remapping means writing a custom map and burning it to a new eprom.

If you can find someone who can write a map for your car then actually burning a new chip shouldn't be a problem. The eprom is a 27c256. Most universal programmers can write to them.

Wobba
11-09-2009, 13:35
Contact Summeh. I believe he has an EPROM for 16 valve engines and can probably burn you a new chip. he's a bit busy right now so he may not reply immediately.

davidbuttigieg
21-02-2010, 14:08
I tried to contact a local garage for a remap (guys are said to be the best in Malta)

This is what they replied;

Hi David

yes i can give you the service you are asking but the problem would be the software you are running for burning the ecu chip.

first of we have to start with what type of ecu and what type of software.
the only downside of these systems are that they cant be mapped in real time so it cant be optimize to the full.

what i suggest you to do is to come at my workshop and we will have a word on this

thanks
jason.

Now obviously considering that theres only 1 williams in Malta (hopefully soon another one of our friend James) and very few valvers, obviously these guys have never remapped a Clio before, I bet not even a Renault (the maltese really hate french cars!).

I know they have done several Honda's and that the results where very good.

Any help with the ECU type and software he referred to ?????

davidbuttigieg
23-02-2010, 18:12
any help pleaseeeee ????

kj16v
26-02-2010, 16:25
Hi, it is possible to map these ecu's in real time, but to do it involves de-soldering the original eprom and plugging in a device called an emulator. This -surprise, surprise!- 'emulates' the eprom. With this and the correct software, it is possible to edit the maps in real time. Emulators are expensive though. Without an emulator you have to take the longer process of editing the maps, burning a chip, editing the maps some more, burning another chip, etc.

Ecu's on modern cars store their maps on flash memory, which can be accessed without removing the chip, providing you have the right hardware.

If this company have done old Hondas then they'll know what sort of hardware/software is needed.

2 live
26-02-2010, 19:23
real-time mapping is the ONLY way to get the best results for your specific engine. generic chips are alright....but specific maps for YOUR car/engine are def better.

2 live
26-02-2010, 19:24
thats how mine was done...real-time....thru a lap top ;)

davidbuttigieg
27-02-2010, 18:39
Ok, had a chat with the guy from the local garage.

He said he does have an emultor, what he is lacking is software to map my engine.

He said he only has software to do Honda's, never done a williams/16v before, and that if I manage to get some software to map my car then he can do it.

I've been to almost all ECU tuning shops in Malta.. no one offered any help :cry:

So I would greatly thankful if someone could help me get the required software.

PLEASE HELPPP

stan
27-02-2010, 18:53
What emulator does he have?

Tell him to try Tunerpro.

davidbuttigieg
27-02-2010, 18:59
What emulator does he have?

Tell him to try Tunerpro.

loool I've just sent you a PM crying for help ! Where can I download it from ?

stan
27-02-2010, 19:14
Google it, there's a free download on their site.

Haven't checked pms lol

davidbuttigieg
27-02-2010, 19:31
Google it, there's a free download on their site.

Haven't checked pms lol

Yes I've just downloaded it.

I've downloaded ta 'RT' edition. Is it that I need to use ?

Do you use this ?

davidbuttigieg
27-02-2010, 19:50
will I need anything else ?? Bin files ?? definition files ?? .. better if I gather everything for him.

stan
28-02-2010, 10:29
Yes I've got this software and an emulator for live mapping.

If you find an already modified bin for him, he can compare it with a STD file to get the adresses of the appropriate maps and limits.

davidbuttigieg
28-02-2010, 11:20

If you find an already modified bin for him, he can compare it with a STD file to get the adresses of the appropriate maps and limits.

Can you help me with this :roll: ?? pleaseeeee..

stan
28-02-2010, 12:10
I've not got any files saved as I've not started using it yet (first car booked onto dyno next week), put a post up in the ecu tuning forum, I'm sure somebody will send you some.
Or google "Clio 16v bin" a few came up for me last time I tried that.

davidbuttigieg
02-03-2010, 11:53
I've not got any files saved as I've not started using it yet (first car booked onto dyno next week), put a post up in the ecu tuning forum, I'm sure somebody will send you some.
Or google "Clio 16v bin" a few came up for me last time I tried that.

the ones on TunerPro don't seem right .. neither do the Bin Definition files (very few parameters). Would you have a bin definition file for them 16v ?

Dr_S
08-03-2010, 00:13

You can live map with TunerPro F7R ECU (Fenix5)?

Can you please tell a little more about this?
What equipment...(notebook,OBD Cable ...)