PDA

View Full Version : Catcams 5502358 anyone?

rs27carrera
09-09-2009, 09:52
I inquired catcams about good cam for track Willy where chip can be programmed and headwork will be done. They recommended 5502358 where mechanical followers will be used and naturally adjustable pulleys & better valve springs.

Does anyone have experience on that cam/setup? Would appreciate comments before going for package. Engine CR will be maintained std, lift of cam will make difficult to have much higher CR and keep nice shape of piston top.

volymmannen
09-09-2009, 10:28
I inquired catcams about good cam for track Willy where chip can be programmed and headwork will be done. They recommended 5502358 where mechanical followers will be used and naturally adjustable pulleys & better valve springs.

Does anyone have experience on that cam/setup? Would appreciate comments before going for package. Engine CR will be maintained std, lift of cam will make difficult to have much higher CR and keep nice shape of piston top.
i dont think valve clearance will be smaller if you buy high comp pistons, so i would get other pistons,a higher cr will increase engine efficiency and high lifting cams will reduce cylinder pressure ..

volymmannen
09-09-2009, 10:29
and conrods of course...