PDA

View Full Version : clio dimma hybrid turbo

walters300
07-08-2009, 19:09
:D hi lads new member here although i have dealt with a few of you, have a look on ebay at my dimma r&d prject and i want your honest opinion. i dont get offended too easily, i see critisism as constuctive and would like your opinions and realistic valuation, i have had 16v's and williams clio's since 1994, not much mechanical knowledge but learning. and with your help i want to build a jeann ragnotti replica, the kit will be easy and the engine will be left to the superiors, i.e craig from apd. fair play craig was honest and told me the engine bay looked a bit tatty, so that will start the ball rolling, i want your comments too and asssistance in getting this up to speed, also how best to seal the sump as its started to leak a bit, and i cant get the oil pressure dial working. any tips? also anybody interested with jenvey throttle bodies looking for big bhp on the cheap i am looking, bargain car lads with only a bit of easy work left,

schakal
07-08-2009, 19:16
are you selling something or introducing yourself ?? :D

walters300
07-08-2009, 19:31
both! hi there i am a mad fan but never managed to join and i am in the process of a big clear out to get my next project on the go. if you type in dimma on ebay you will see it, i have spent a fortune on this and decided i prefer a maxi :cry: so i am in for a big loss, but my loss is somebody elses gain, its been built with all the good bits and small tweaking required to get perfect, an ideal project for turbo fans, i just like the sound of throttle bodies more, i have just put another 2 pots of fibreglass on the rear for a more maxi look, so its going to be a dimaxi when painted, i like the rear and sides of a maxi but the front of a dimma, but my w3 is my shrine and if i am going to modify it it will have to be to a classic schedule, so i am going for an exact replica of the rally car, :wink: nice meeting you

Allan
08-08-2009, 14:20
Is this the blue turbo charged one?

walters300
09-08-2009, 14:35
yes it is! will be looking very much better in my mind when i get the rear end painted, i have just finished the final filler work and putting on new sills for a more maxi look on the rear and sides, dimma's are nice but i prefer a maxi. what do you reckon its worth? cheers

Allan
12-08-2009, 00:04
Need a full spec tbh, parts which are new replaced etc, condition of paint..
decent dimma's seem to go for about 3 to 4k with a standard engine and interior, but then it all depends on how much someone wants it as i have seen them go for £1500 in bad condition

walters300
12-08-2009, 18:57
:wink: thanks allan, well its in the middle of a rear conversion as it stands and will need paint there, but the rest is spot on and i have a litre of paint for the rear, i am leaving it for the moment in case someone wants to do a two tone, the engine alone cost 3k last year and i have only driven it 500 miles at less than 4k to run it in, i spent a further 1500 on paint and fitting the kit, without the 600 for alarm and 3300 paid for the car, and millions of other bills, its bargan city!! i am going to be working away from next week and i wont have time to finish it and i know it will be sitting on the drive for months as i wont get time to do it. :roll: so i would rather some other enthusiast got his hands on it and finished the easy jobs left, gripper diff and helix clutch and high boost chip would bring it up to 270bhp, and a bit of paint and its done, its a valver on the log book, and insurance with green light last year was 20 quid cheaper than my williams even declaring the turbo and kit etc, very strange that! i see a pic of a dimma in your profile do you have one? cheers

Allan
18-08-2009, 04:40
Yes i have one too, its liquid yellow, but dispite lots of poeple trying its not for sale ;)

walters300
01-09-2009, 19:40
fair play the car looks mint with you and the morrete lights finish it off, mines going for paint this week and then my talent or lack of it ! Will show, if id have known how much work was ahead i would have cut the plug of the bloody grinder before my moment, ah never mind should look good after the paint doctor adds a bit of putty here and there, i have a set of gunmetal dimma alloys if your after a spare set, would do a deal on spacers if you have some

Allan
02-09-2009, 09:28
Im not running spacers atm, have custom wheels made to fit.

But ta anyway :D