PDA

View Full Version : bike carb find

flash
12-07-2009, 17:39
dont know if anyone has seen this before but found it while doing some research and found it an interesting read

http://www.totalvauxhall.co.uk/resources/totalvauxhall/TOV64.tech60697.pdf

discuss here :D

stan
13-07-2009, 13:34
No doubt a good route if your hands on enough to tackle the problems.

I stand by the belief you'd be better of fitting bike throttle bodies and having a full ecu control the whole engine. I think ultimately you'll have a better driving, more efficient car, making better torque/power.

sideways danny
13-07-2009, 14:47
No doubt a good route if your hands on enough to tackle the problems.

I stand by the belief you'd be better of fitting bike throttle bodies and having a full ecu control the whole engine. I think ultimately you'll have a better driving, more efficient car, making better torque/power.

agree with that, carbs will never be as good no matter how good you are with them. Not over keen on these manifolds either. Not aweful, just not good.

stan
13-07-2009, 16:15
Yeah not keen on the manifolds myself, Bogg Bros made one for us for a v8 & bike bodies---tbh it was shocking. Looked the part from the outside, but inside the runners was 8mm steps where they butted up to the flange.
Not saying all there work is bad, just my experience of them.

sideways danny
13-07-2009, 17:53
Yeah not keen on the manifolds myself, Bogg Bros made one for us for a v8 & bike bodies---tbh it was shocking. Looked the part from the outside, but inside the runners was 8mm steps where they butted up to the flange.
Not saying all there work is bad, just my experience of them.

same thing on a K4M. Came out a bit better with some porting, but far from ideal. Jenveys really aren't that pricey when you weigh it all up

hamloin
23-08-2009, 11:33
iv tried r1 carbs and r1 tbs {later bike} there all good but beleve it or not i prefered the carbs they produced better torq and because they are cv carbs they were also more economical. the itbs needed so much fuel at light throttle to stop them bogging down that 20 mpg was a good day. where as i acheved 30 mpg with the carbs driving to a track day at a steady 70

breeza18
24-08-2009, 19:55
bike carbs can work if you get them set up, but thats the same with any carbs. i run a set of zx9r (ninja) carbs on my mk2 golf, its a 2.0l 16v with 274/276 cams and mappable ignition, but otherwise standard and it makes 170bhp and 160lb-ft. cost me £200 all in but i made my own inlet manfold. it can be done a shed load cheaper than throttle bodies and does give similar results!