PDA

View Full Version : 1995 Renault Clio Williams 2

arj256
14-05-2009, 22:33
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peterj.jones/My%20Williams%20Pics/Williams%202%20For%20Sale/For%20Sale%2030.12.08/Williams%20Isometric%20Showing%20Drivers%20Side.jp g

Car:
1995 Williams 2
130000 Miles On the clock with a massive folder of receipts/service history
Tax Until November 2009.
Mot Until 1st December 2009

Service History:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peterj.jones/My%20Williams%20Pics/Williams%202%20For%20Sale/For%20Sale%2030.12.08/Service%20History.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peterj.jones/My%20Williams%20Pics/Williams%202%20For%20Sale/For%20Sale%2030.12.08/Williams%20Front%20On.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peterj.jones/My%20Williams%20Pics/Williams%202%20For%20Sale/For%20Sale%2030.12.08/Williams%20Rear%20End.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peterj.jones/My%20Williams%20Pics/Williams%202%20For%20Sale/For%20Sale%2030.12.08/Inside%20Rear.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peterj.jones/My%20Williams%20Pics/Williams%202%20For%20Sale/For%20Sale%2030.12.08/Inside%20Drivers%20Side.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peterj.jones/My%20Williams%20Pics/Williams%202%20For%20Sale/For%20Sale%2030.12.08/Inside%20Passenger%20Side.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peterj.jones/My%20Williams%20Pics/Williams%202%20For%20Sale/For%20Sale%2030.12.08/Underneith%20Boot.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peterj.jones/My%20Williams%20Pics/Williams%202%20For%20Sale/For%20Sale%2030.12.08/Underneith%20Boot%20Showing%20Filler%20Neck.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peterj.jones/My%20Williams%20Pics/Williams%202%20For%20Sale/For%20Sale%2030.12.08/Drivers%20Side.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peterj.jones/My%20Williams%20Pics/Williams%202%20For%20Sale/For%20Sale%2030.12.08/Passenger%20Side.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/peterj.jones/My%20Williams%20Pics/Williams%202%20For%20Sale/For%20Sale%2030.12.08/Williams%20Isometric%20Showing%20Passenger%20Side. jpg

Spec:
Piper 270 Camshafts With Vernier Pulleys
AWT Headwork
Remapped By Hillpower With 7k Raised Limit
Supersprint Manifold Heat Wrapped.
Devil Cat Back Exhaust System
Standard Airbox With Renault Paper Filter
Leda Coilovers With 2.5" Eibach 250lbs Front Springs
23.2mm Grp N Rear torsion Bar
Wilwood Dynalite 4Pots With Poly A Pads

Interior:
Cobra Monaco S Bucket Seats In Blue
1 x OMP Seat Cushion
1 x Luke 5 Point FIA Harness (Expiry 2013)
1 x Luke 4 Point Harness
Sparco Deep Dish Wheel
B&M Quickshift
Safety Devices 8 Point Bolt In Roll Cage Professionally Installed By X-Sport Racing
All Sound Deadening Removed And Painted Up
Full Williams Panels & Roof Lining
Cerwin Vega Dash Speakers
TRS Helmet Net

Car Summary:
I have just changed the passengers side front and rear wheel bearings today.
2 x New Hankook RS2 Tyres being fitted tomorrow. Rears have quite abit of tread left.
I have recently fitted new Leda Coilovers & Uprated torsion bar as per Grp N specification.
New Genuine Bosch Lambda Sensor
New NGK Spark plugs >1k
Recently undergone full under body restoration – rust treated, welded and entire underside has been painted.
Recent removal of rear torsion beam to be painted black. And inspect mounting points/paint.
New brake lines for the whole rear brake system.
Replacement brake bias valve.
New Wilwood dynalite 4 pot callipers
New Poly A front brake pads
Recent brake fluid change >4k
Poly exhaust rubbers
Under car brackets powder coated
New wiper blades
New Coilpack
Removed Aux Fuel Tank

Other things which have been done.

Welded steering column
Welded Supersprint manifold after cracking.
Changed Wishbones & Balljoints
Changed Arb Rubbers x 4
Changed Main Engine Mount & Gearbox Mount
Renault 19 Mount Installed properly with original brackets in place.
Changed Trackrod Ends
Changed Top Mounts & Bearings
Front Wheel Bearings
Rear Discs & Bearings & Rear Pads
Changed the Rear Calipers For Recon'd Items.
Subframe Rust Treated & Painted
Front Chassis/Arches rust treated and painted.
Replacement Sump
Arches done in ownership
New Alternator
New Oil Pressure Sender
Powder coated Williams Speedline Wheels with Yokohama Parada Spec 2 tyres

Full list of everything done is available in a spreadsheet.

Bad Points:
Missing drivers side mirror cover
Stone Chips At the front of the car
Slight exhaust rattle.
Dents in the bonnet from old Coilovers
Odd paint blemishes where previous owner tried finger painting.
None genuine Williams Stickers
Have spent a fortune on the car

This is most of the spec I can think of at the moment.
I have a spreadsheet of everything I have bought for the car since I have owned it. Not including the previous owners purchases, which add up to a lot!
The car has been looked after regardless of cost by an enthusiast. This is my 3rd Mk1.
Here is the project thread I’ve made up of the car showing its life story under my ownership:

http://www.retro-renault.com/forums/renault-1993-1996/4204-clio-williams-2-a.html

The car drives well and goes well, it’s a very fun car.
The underside is in excellent condition with the work I have carried out. It would be hard to find cleaner..
I have enjoyed ownership of this car, but with not using the car alot any more - riding bike instead. I am selling up.

If you have any questions please ask.
My mobile is 07923913560

Adam.

Price - £2600

summeh
14-05-2009, 22:51
lovely car 8)

Wobba
22-05-2009, 20:50
This car is a God damn bargain.

Adam's kept this car is really solid condition. It's bloody fast and has had all the niggles ironed out of it. The gear on it alone is worth the asking price, not to mention the work he's done on the shell and underbody.

I've been on many trips with Adam and this car and tbh never seen him ragging it like some chav numpty. I'm a slow driver and even I keep up with him!

I'm pissed he's selling it, but he's lost to the world of bikes now :(

A solid purchase.

The King
22-05-2009, 21:55
This is a lot of car for the money.

Daz.
23-05-2009, 00:48
Drool :P :P :P :P

LEIGH-ANNE
23-05-2009, 11:19
This car is a God damn bargain.

Adam's kept this car is really solid condition. It's bloody fast and has had all the niggles ironed out of it. The gear on it alone is worth the asking price, not to mention the work he's done on the shell and underbody.

I've been on many trips with Adam and this car and tbh never seen him ragging it like some chav numpty. I'm a slow driver and even I keep up with him!

I'm pissed he's selling it, but he's lost to the world of bikes now :(

A solid purchase.

Im pissed hes selling too. :(

Wobba
23-05-2009, 15:25
:( :( :(

arj256
25-05-2009, 12:08
Ah if your annoyed im selling why not go half's and buy the car. Then lend me it :lol: :wink:

Just to add, car did 600miles drive up north Sunday fault free as you would expect from a well maintained car.
Even got 41mpg going to London.

arj256
07-06-2009, 23:14
Price Reduced.

Wobba
08-06-2009, 15:56
Ah if your annoyed im selling why not go half's and buy the car. Then lend me it :lol: :wink:

lol

arj256
22-06-2009, 23:01
Bump - before i look into what this car scrappage scheme is all about..

Jamie.
22-06-2009, 23:26
Bad luck adam.

Justin..
22-06-2009, 23:35
Bump - before i look into what this car scrappage scheme is all about..

:(

dibs on cage and steering wheel :oops:

Totti
23-06-2009, 00:26
Magic Forest is mine..... 8)

arj256
24-06-2009, 15:51
Car is signed up to be scrapped. So no longer for sale now.
Parts will be available for sale soon - Pm if interested.

midge
24-06-2009, 17:41
thats harsh! you taking all the bits off? engine e.t.c?

Tommo
24-06-2009, 17:44
Another one bites the dust...

Justin..
24-06-2009, 18:21
:( sad to hear but pm'd!

Coops
25-06-2009, 00:48
doesnt suprise me, mine wont sell either so tbh i may keep it and chop in on the scrappage next year

Allan
25-06-2009, 01:36
let me know if you do coops :P may have a plan lol

Coops
25-06-2009, 11:45
if i do what? :lol:

Dave Peach
26-06-2009, 11:37
You might want to read up on the scrappage scheme, but its a bit of a con. The manufacturers involved simply raise the new price of the car or increase the interest payments on the finace you pay, so in effect you get 2k for your old car but then lose 2k on the purchase of the new car. They arnt srupid. The scheme is a gimmick to reel in the gullible.

There has been a lot of information in the mainstream press about this. Its a bit of a waste of time when you look at the details.

LEIGH-ANNE
26-06-2009, 11:54
Im sure adam has read up about it all....or he will now anyway :D

Coops
26-06-2009, 12:20
they will screw you for the finance,buts thats simple, dont get the finance.

mate got a IQ2 for about 6 grand iirc after scrappage

midge
26-06-2009, 17:13
ive been told by a friend in the trace that alot off them dont even get scrapped, the dealer pass's the car onto another person along with the v5, that person then simply sells the car instead off scrapping it.

Dave Peach
26-06-2009, 18:39
Im sure Parker's know what they are talking about

http://www.parkers.co.uk/News/Scrappage-scheme/Scrappage-scheme-What-youre-really-paying/

Knowledge is power and all that :wink:

Dave Peach
26-06-2009, 18:56
Oh and for those arguing that you simply buy the car new, this wont work anyway. Most manufacturers at the moment would knock 2k off the price of a car for you anyway. Of course they'll put the price up first so they dont lose out

If I wanted to scrap a 10 year old banger with Citroen....they would give me £2000-£3000 ....but no other cashback discount would apply...so in effect they aren't ****ing giving me anything at all, given that the £2000 - £3000 cashback was part of an ongoing offer.

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.politics.misc/browse_thread/thread/5d2411f6928547b5/f700eecafeb0bf17?lnk=raot

There is loads and loads and loads of this information out there. Do a google search for 'car scrappage scheme con'.

Dave Peach
26-06-2009, 18:59
More:

The scrappage scheme is the latest con to fool car buyers into purchasing a new car instead of a used car and thus keep the car manufacturers afloat. There is no real saving here.

https://www.visitcars.co.uk/car-news/car-articles/Editors+View+of+UK+Scrappage+Scheme

Do some reading people :roll:

Allan
26-06-2009, 20:48
Only bad if you buy something expensive.... but then lets face it if you can afford to drop 11 grand on a focus then you are a loon anyways.

know i'll probably get the ice cold vote for mentioning the scrappage scheme. Not a big fan of the scheme myself, but their a few low priced cars to be had if you do have an old banger on its last legs. But i have searched out the best deals for anyone looking to get rid of their old banger and upgrade to something newer, without spending a fortune. So i have found the best scrappage deals for under £5,000. Most of the cars below only have a ROAD TAX duty of £35 and do over 45 MPG (Combined). Kia Picanto (5 Door) - £4,195 Warranty - 3 years unlimited mileage 12 Months Road tax - £35 Engine - 1.0 litre MPG (Combined) - 57.6 Offer Found on Kia Website. Volkswagen Fox (3 Door) - £4,845 Warranty - 3 years or 60,000 miles 12 Months Road Tax - £125 Engine - 1.2 MPG (Combined) - 46.3 Offer Found on Volkswagen Website. Suzuki Alto SZ2 (5 Door) - £4,795 Warranty - 3 years or 60,000 miles 12 Months Road tax - £35 Engine - 1.0 litre MPG (Combined) - 64.2 Offer Found on Suzuki Website. Fiat Panda Eco (5 Door) - £4995 Warranty - 3 years or 60,000 miles 12 Months Road tax - £35 Engine - 1.1 Litre MPG (Combined) - 56.5 Offer Found on Fiat Website. Hyundai i10 Classic (5 Door) - £4995 Warranty - 5 years Unlimited Mileage 12 Months Road tax - £35 Engine - 1.2 MPG (Combined) - 56.5 Offer Found on Hyundai Website. All car's above are the base models of their range as you would expect at these prices. I did also find a New Perodua Kenari 1.0 GX 5Dr Mini MPV for £4,620.00... but come on you would have to be really cheap to want to buy one of these. Most of the car's above have most of the toy's you would expect, i.e electric windows, power steering, cd player, remote locking... etc. If your a badge snob the VW is not a bad price, but comes with no toy's like electric windows or remote locking, as that would take the price to nearer £5,500 for a VW Fox "Urban". + about 17 seconds to get to 60 mph! If your not a badge snob the Hyundai i10 Classic is by far the best buy coming with all the toy's, including the sought after "AIR CONDITIONING". All the above prices exclude Metallic Paint as most are charging an extra £150 - £350 extra. But you still get a not to bad range of colour as long as you like Red or White! Ha!...Ha!... Remember a few key rules about the scrappage scheme: Your CAR or VAN (upto 3.5 ton) must be 10 years or older (registered no later than 31st July 1999), MOT'd, Taxed & you must have owned it for at least 12 months. SORN car owners will have to check with your local dealers as i noticed a Suzuki dealer offering the Suzuki Alto for £5,250 (ish), and it stated SORN cars excepted. So like i said just give your local dealership a bell and check. Hope this has been useful to anyone looking to get rid of their old banger in exchange for more economical, carbon friendly car! (by the way i dont post much, so i may have put this in the wrong plc, if so please correct. thank you).

Justin..
26-06-2009, 21:47
if it says SORN excepted that means they wont take

but

if it says SORN accepted then they would take

Dave Peach
26-06-2009, 22:00
The main trouble being that if you push down the price of new cars (as the list above) you almost certainly push down their second hand costs too. Such that when you come to sell the car in 2 years time, you find its worth virtually nothing.

This scheme is desingned to help the motor manufacturers as an indirect bailout. It has nothing to do with helping the sheeple. Its a simple method of the sheeple directly subsidising the motor manufacturers and getting them to 'invest' in a new car that is over priced. The government should have told the manufacturers:

'If you want to sell more cars, lower the ****ing price.'

But this being a government that panders to corporations and big business, it decided that their interest comes before ours. So it will use tapayers money to bailout the industry (again) and reel in the last few suckers to help boost the codffers of a failed business models (overpriced cars).

If you wait and are patient, you will see that the free market will sort itself out. No one is buying cars because they are too expensive. The credit that was used to buy (hire purchase) them has dried up (and wont return for a long time) and so the market cannot support the prices.

In a free market environment the obvious conclusion is that the prices will have to come down. This is exactly what will happen.

Of course this will only be instigated once the last few suckers have bought into the pyramid scam that is the car industry.

In two years time they will be giving away new cars they will be so cheap. If you dont believe me go to Bristol and look at the docks at how many cars are backlogged in the system.

Supply and demand my friends. No demand causes the prices to fall.

Repeat:

YOU CAN NEVER BEAT THE MARKET (although with enough tax payers money you can delay the inevitable)

Which is where we are right now folks. Just dangling on the tax payer suported precipice until the economy continues its downward spiral to the bottom.

Probably the worst time in the last 100 years to buy a new car or a house.

All IMO of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2fVqDzjVis

Allan
26-06-2009, 22:29
its not really about beating the market really, you have to look at what you want from a car....

Ok for example i know adam is not after something quick and sporty, and just wants a cheap to run car for cheap money, which is what he has got... and any car if you buy it 2 years old now in 2 years time its still worth nothing...

Ok you dont buy any new cars and the people making them go out of business so what does this do ?

we get more people out of work the country going further into problems and debt and get worse off....

Ok you want to keep the price of your second hand car up but lets face it again supply and demand, if poeple can only afford to buy your low cost second hand car, chances are they have been hit hard by the current climate and are keeping what they have.
Very few are buying new or second hand at the moment so lots of supply no demand, there are at least 4 valvers for under 500 notes on another clio forum which i frequent and not one person has had any intrest, coops williams 1 £1300 no one has shown intrest....

PS i wouldn't use the scheme either would rather keep my williams, but i know for adam the deal he has gives him a new car worry free which is cheap to run

Allan
26-06-2009, 22:36
also rob how many accounts do you have man!

arj256
26-06-2009, 23:05
Lol, a new car for £3850 or a worthless Williams with expensive running costs for very little return.
I wish id spoke to rob Darling before making my purchase :wink:

Dave Peach
26-06-2009, 23:17
its not really about beating the market really, you have to look at what you want from a car....

Ok for example i know adam is not after something quick and sporty, and just wants a cheap to run car for cheap money, which is what he has got... and any car if you buy it 2 years old now in 2 years time its still worth nothing...

Ok you dont buy any new cars and the people making them go out of business so what does this do ?

we get more people out of work the country going further into problems and debt and get worse off....

Ok you want to keep the price of your second hand car up but lets face it again supply and demand, if poeple can only afford to buy your low cost second hand car, chances are they have been hit hard by the current climate and are keeping what they have.
Very few are buying new or second hand at the moment so lots of supply no demand, there are at least 4 valvers for under 500 notes on another clio forum which i frequent and not one person has had any intrest, coops williams 1 £1300 no one has shown intrest....

PS i wouldn't use the scheme either would rather keep my williams, but i know for adam the deal he has gives him a new car worry free which is cheap to run

You have completely missed the point.

Cars are at present overpriced. The evidence for this is that no one is buying them. The market will correct and the price will come down. At the moment this is not happening because the government is using tax payers money to prop up the market. When this runs out (and it will) the price will fall.

If you buy now you are buying an overpriced depreciating asset. Unless you have money to burn its not a brilliant idea is it?

If you want a new car go into a dealers with cash and HAGGLE. You will get the same price with or without the williams trade in. So might as well keep it and do somthing useful with it by selling it or breaking it. Giving it to a dealer under the delusion that they are going to some how do you a favour is naive in the extreme.

I guarantee that if you can buy a new car for 5k by trading in a williams that they will sell for scrap for peanuts, i can go in and get the same deal without a car to trade. You just have to have the balls to do it.

Cant you see, these cars cost them a few grand to make? But sell for 6 or 7k. Pretending that knocking a grand off an overpriced car is somehow making a bargain is illogical to the extreme.

Selling overpriced cars on finace to people who couldnt afford them is what got us into this mess. The business model is broken, and without tax payers money these companies would all be going bust (just as many have e.g. GM and Chrysler).

Its a buyers market. If you want a new car go and get one. Scrapping a perfectly good car in some hair brained government 'scheme' is ****ing madness.

arj256
26-06-2009, 23:31
I think the truth of the matter is that because of the "buyers market" Someone's upset the old French rot boxes are now worthless.
They have been an overpriced 15year old car for a while now, and the cheapness of the mk2s is the nail in the coffin :wink:

Dave Peach
27-06-2009, 00:12
So do you have the 5k in cash?

arj256
27-06-2009, 00:13
So do you have the 5k in cash?

Na just putting it on my expense claims :lol:

Dave Peach
27-06-2009, 01:59
Well sounds like youve really thought this through so ill leave you to it. Good luck.

midge
27-06-2009, 13:57
Is this williams gone now then? ill buy it for 2k..

arj256
27-06-2009, 15:09
Is this williams gone now then? ill buy it for 2k..

What was wrong with its advertised price :lol: alot of parts for not alot more.

midge
28-06-2009, 16:57
2k as is ;)

if you decide to break/sell bits i'd be really interested in the cage and ledas

rob-legend
28-06-2009, 17:14
dibs on alot of the kit too :D

number1
03-07-2009, 23:04
Ever Since i saw this car ive wanted it, It's EXACTLY how id have a Williams Track car! dont trade it in on the scrappage scheme!! If my motorcross bike sells soon ill have this!

jay s
05-07-2009, 15:13
madness getting it scrapped imo. surely would make so much more being broken and sold as parts to members or swapping parts plus cash your way before it goes??? all imo of course :D

oh and i still want the glove box if you have it? :wink: