PDA

View Full Version : Fun drive out yesterday :D

J o n
26-04-2009, 14:26
I had a good evening of gloriously wasting petrol last night! Started out by finishing work at 7pm and picking my buddy Wayne up and then deciding as it was nice weather we should do something... Hmmm, perfect Cat & Fiddle weather!
Went up there and it was absolutely stunning, we stopped off for a drink and were going to head back down, but thought bugger it, we're here now so may as well :twisted:
It was a nice drive, didn't really press on much and never managed full throttle as progress was already more than 'brisk' but then the phone went... handed it to Wayne and it was 2 live who was at Kel's... apparently I was in trouble for not also being there, so peaks run was done at this stage anyway and we we're heading to the Snakes Pass, so swung round and back down the mountain... on the way back we get caught at some lights and an 06 WRX estate is in front with some chap in his 50's driving it. Thought nothing of it until he started boosting it off down Britain's most dangerous road... well naturally I had to give chase. 2nd gear, pin it... oops, better hit the brakes!!! Okay, I thought, dont use second or we'll be in his boot! Left it in 3rd and 4th just coasting at under 4k all the time and kept up easily enough before he turned off... well by this time I was 'in the zone' so pressed on a little more.
As we get nearer to the C&F I ended up getting held up by a biker who was giving it some, so overtook him (to Wayne's horror) and carried on down towards Macc and eventually to Paddy and Kel's to meet everyone.
Chilled there before taking on "The one in front"... ;)

2 live
26-04-2009, 20:48
u cheat tho....i said u in 5th, me in 3rd......wen i trounced u..i knocked mine up to 4th...........thinkin ud stay in 5th....not drop it to 3rd lol

was a decent run out.

we def need a weekend of madness sortin tho hehe

J o n
27-04-2009, 12:02
I cheated!? lol

3rd gear vs 5th was cheating, especially at under 70mph! 80mph would have been better as i'd have had 205lbs/ft at that point hehe

well least we managed 1 gear the same 4th v 4th, had to short shift though ;) lol

webby
27-04-2009, 12:04
what u driving 2 live, sounds like u had a laugh. where abouts is the area u are talking about?

J o n
27-04-2009, 12:08
this was just on the way back from Paddy and Kel's in Manchester... 2 live was in "The one infront"... now "The one that needs supercharging" lol

2 live
27-04-2009, 18:33
lol.......i was in a std williams 1..............vs a charged 172........hmmm......fair??

lmao

J o n
28-04-2009, 10:38
to me that's fair... can begin to count the amount of times I got panned at the hands of this car when it had cams... against my STANDARD Williams ;)

2 live
28-04-2009, 18:17
STANDARD williams??? lmao.....would have been better if ud left it that way instead of letting that 1/2 wit ben r fuk it up......lol

J o n
29-04-2009, 10:51
LOL, lesson learned the expensive way. Thankfully I have people on another level entirely to do stuff :D