PDA

View Full Version : sump/fuel tank gaurds... plus suspension

richy
13-04-2009, 23:02
anyone know of any company that make/sell sump gaurds and fuel tank gaurds also any pics etc..

also any recomendations on suspension to run on a tarmac/concrete with loose gravel surface, rally type surfaces etc.. not full mud track stuff though!

cheers richy :D

MAXIBOY
14-04-2009, 00:16
only ever seen works ones i think..except maybe omp did a front guard iirc.

depends on budget..proflex..

Evogone
14-04-2009, 13:13
anyone know of any company that make/sell sump gaurds and fuel tank gaurds also any pics etc..

also any recomendations on suspension to run on a tarmac/concrete with loose gravel surface, rally type surfaces etc.. not full mud track stuff though!

cheers richy :D

OMP do a front sump guard

Tank guard - i got a GRP one made as a mould from a spare tank. this is half bolted and half sikoflex'd on.

Suspension:-

1 way adjustable
GAZ Gold 800 quid
AVO monotube 800 quid
Bilstein monotube (Motorsport version) getting prices as these are sourced from abroad.

2-3way adjustable
AST
DYNAMICS
Proflex

will make you some up but will be between 1700-3000 quid.

speed
14-04-2009, 17:43
omp sumpguard 190+vat and large version is 260+vat :shock: :shock:
thats tweeks btw,

foxy of cliosport shaped abit of sheet material to fit subframe and just bolted it on

you planing on doing some hard surface rallys?

richy
14-04-2009, 17:58
yeah been thinking about altering the car for a few rallycross/sprint tracks(rougher/loose surfaces) as tbh its to low/hard atm, its set up for tarmac tracks.

i did a day in my mates megane and really enjoyed it, throwing the car about all over etc

i can get sheet alloy through work around 4 to 6mm thick so will make a sump one! but much cheaper then the omp lol

the fuel tank thing sounds good, just need a mould or spare tank lol, my fuel and brake lines are internal already so no worries there!

richy
14-04-2009, 18:00
suspension wise im currently on avo coilovers with stiffer springs and was looking to change them, but unsure what would be best, as it also would like to start using it more on B roads as there some pretty rough ones around here lol

iirc mark ritchspeeds old rally car was using std style shockers although dont think they was renault!

speed
14-04-2009, 18:14
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1268 ???

Evogone
14-04-2009, 18:16
suspension wise im currently on avo coilovers with stiffer springs and was looking to change them, but unsure what would be best, as it also would like to start using it more on B roads as there some pretty rough ones around here lol

iirc mark ritchspeeds old rally car was using std style shockers although dont think they was renault!

What rate spring you using im using the cup racer set up (350lbs springs) same ride hight no issues so far for tarmac single venue rallies.

I would recommend your current set up but raise the ride height. Its the lack of sus travel that usually the issue. Give it a try before spending loads of cash.

richy
14-04-2009, 18:37
im running faulkner 350lb springs now(no helpers etc though), std avos are 250lb which i have in the garage

when you say cup racer set up, do you mean the de-carbon cup shockers or you changed them now?

16v_paddy
14-04-2009, 18:51
Where do you get the front de carbon cup shocks from? Wouldn't mind a pair to match my rears

richy
14-04-2009, 18:56
Where do you get the front de carbon cup shocks from? Wouldn't mind a pair to match my rears

not sure if renault still sell them tbh, dont know the part number anyway like, most ppl get them off ppl who own cups etc

16v_paddy
14-04-2009, 20:11
I got my rears from someone one here, can't remember who though :oops:

Evogone
14-04-2009, 21:54
im running faulkner 350lb springs now(no helpers etc though), std avos are 250lb which i have in the garage

when you say cup racer set up, do you mean the de-carbon cup shockers or you changed them now?

So your running similar set up to me then. You can just raise the ride hight and try it im sure it will be OK unless its really rough. The dampers are what really make suspension work.

The cup decarbons are now obsolete so you can not buy them, they are very good as they are mono tube so a lot stronger than you std twin tube stuff like Koni,Spax,Avo,leda,Gaz stuff. Decarbons are basically competition bilsteins.

Evogone
14-04-2009, 21:56
If still too stiff then get some 250 lbs spring and try them, they are only 50 quid.

richy
14-04-2009, 22:03
If still too stiff then get some 250 lbs spring and try them, they are only 50 quid.

i will try the 350lb set then, already have 250lb set in the garage so can easy swap!!

stew
17-04-2009, 22:20
i made my own sump gaurd from 5mm alloy sheet, shaped it, and welded fixing points to my subframe. its not on the car yet!

id defo not pay for one when a sheet of alloy costs next to nothing. :D

richy
17-04-2009, 22:34
ive managed to get hold of some alloy sheeting but need to have a look if there big enough yet!

richy
28-05-2009, 22:49

1 way adjustable
GAZ Gold 800 quid
AVO monotube 800 quid
Bilstein monotube (Motorsport version) getting prices as these are sourced from abroad.

any news on the bilstein monotube (motorsport version)??

im going to be looking to change the suspension sometime soon, ive been looking and ive managed to find the bilstein motorsport rear dampers(monotube) for the williams/16v, not sure on damping rates compared to the B6 sport or B8 sprint dampers, i know these use the bearing end fitments not the normal bushes.

i noticed the H&R coilovers use bilstein monotube dampers which i was told there the B8 sprint version, although not seen any to say if B8 or B6, i have thought about using these but obviously they wouldnt be a good as proper bilstein motorsport monotubes.

also after seeing a rally car clio ive seen a good way to sheild the tank!

summeh
28-05-2009, 23:42
it would be so easy to make your own sump guard... and cheap... would cost next to nothing.

richy
28-05-2009, 23:45
yeah im gonna make both sump and tank gaurds up myself.

Evogone
31-05-2009, 00:46

1 way adjustable
GAZ Gold 800 quid
AVO monotube 800 quid

any news on the bilstein monotube (motorsport version)??

im going to be looking to change the suspension sometime soon, ive been looking and ive managed to find the bilstein motorsport rear dampers(monotube) for the williams/16v, not sure on damping rates compared to the B6 sport or B8 sprint dampers, i know these use the bearing end fitments not the normal bushes.

i noticed the H&R coilovers use bilstein monotube dampers which i was told there the B8 sprint version, although not seen any to say if B8 or B6, i have thought about using these but obviously they wouldnt be a good as proper bilstein motorsport monotubes.

also after seeing a rally car clio ive seen a good way to sheild the tank!

Bilstein Cup fronts avaiable on the continant but no rears so have to wait til next batch which could be 6 or even 12 months..!!!