PDA

View Full Version : Gunnerchip Question

Flash Arghhh
12-04-2009, 15:38
I'm having an issue with my ECU.
The problem is its not turning my fuel pump on.
I'm 100% sure its the ECU i'm just wondering if a gunnerchip would solve this problem?
Any ideas?
If not does anyone have a PH1 ECU for sale?
Williams or valver, Chipped or unchipped.
Cheers,
Flash

queegan
12-04-2009, 15:48
wot engine are you running off wot ecu??

Flash Arghhh
12-04-2009, 18:30
williams engine with a valver ph1 ecu (not my choice thats how it came with the car)

Robb
12-04-2009, 18:39
I have a similar problem...

Does it work with the standard ECU? I have some phase 1 ECU's with chip carriers and they dont work my fuel pump just doesnt stay on! Im hoping the gunner chip is dead otherwise im not sure what to do other than re-wire the fuel pump up.

Phase 1 ECU's and williams ones work perfectly fine however.

summeh
12-04-2009, 20:10
I doubt its the chip to be honest, more likely to be the ECU.

Having said that I have a spare gunnerchip if you want it.

Flash Arghhh
12-04-2009, 22:12
I have a similar problem...

Does it work with the standard ECU? I have some phase 1 ECU's with chip carriers and they dont work my fuel pump just doesnt stay on! Im hoping the gunner chip is dead otherwise im not sure what to do other than re-wire the fuel pump up.

Phase 1 ECU's and williams ones work perfectly fine however.

I've solved this by running two bits of cable from the relay to a switch on the dash (blank plate next to the front fogs switch).
Just have to remember to turn it off.

Flash Arghhh
12-04-2009, 22:13
I doubt its the chip to be honest, more likely to be the ECU.

Having said that I have a spare gunnerchip if you want it.

Aii its worth a try, how much?

queegan
13-04-2009, 12:53
yeah i always thought u needed a gunner chip to run the williams engine off a valver ecu

Robb
13-04-2009, 20:16
You dont need one. If you have a valver head on the williams bottom end then running a valver ECU is fine but i wouldnt run a valver ecu in a full williams engine

summeh
13-04-2009, 22:25
if the ECU has a chip carrier and you can change the map about, then it doesn't matter if its a valver ECU or williams ECU, as the only important bit is the fuel/ignition map chip.

Flash Arghhh
14-04-2009, 10:15
You dont need one. If you have a valver head on the williams bottom end then running a valver ECU is fine but i wouldnt run a valver ecu in a full williams engine

I have been for a while, but its not fueling the engine now (worked for a month or so)
Was a bit lumpy on idle.

bbaazz-08
14-04-2009, 10:36
try a valver chip for the valver ecu........i got this before and it was the eprom chip