PDA

View Full Version : Whos thought about emigrating?

Mark_Ritchspeed
04-07-2005, 21:50
Nearly did once before, but now I fancy it again. Spain this time. :D

richy
04-07-2005, 22:00
with the way this country is run ive thought about it many times !

KingStromba
04-07-2005, 22:06
Australia is about a 50/50 chance within 3 years

edde
04-07-2005, 22:13
I keep thinking about it but in work the only places to travel are to foreight speaking countries.

Since my "skills" are only in demand by about 10 companies in the world at the moment I'm staying until I can bum some more free training off the company.

Problem is I can see myself getting stuck here forever just like so many of my work collegues.

Swervin_Mervin
04-07-2005, 22:18
Greece or france for me. And yes, I really can see myself fvcking this shithole country off.

Mark_Ritchspeed
04-07-2005, 22:24
Not only me that hates just about everything about the UK then.

I could put up with all the beaurocracy thats ruining the UK if the sun would shine more than 3 days a ****ing year.

richy
04-07-2005, 22:27
lol shit weather, shit goverment running country(dont matter which one all same shit)

costs a bloody bomb to run a normal car let alone anything with more performance then a 12v vibrator!!!!

list go's on !

KingStromba
04-07-2005, 22:28
I hate this country with a passion, just as i hate the latest generation of British scum that is inhabiting its shores.

Not just the chavs from the council estates, but the lame, selfish, sloth, overweight shits that we call middle class Britain.

richy
04-07-2005, 22:31
I hate this country with a passion, just as i hate the latest generation of British scum that is inhabiting its shores.

Not just the chavs from the council estates, but the lame, selfish, sloth, overweight shits that we call middle class Britain.

Zollo
04-07-2005, 22:59
:shock:

That's some sour shit right there! :?

Perhaps I'm not old enough, or just too naive and unaffected by the governments shit so far, but right now, I'm of the belief that it's better the devil you know. Every country has its own downsides. Don't get me wrong, I get pissed off with the way things are going here - mainly the government's and some of the publics priorities and general lack of common sense. But all-in-all, things aint that bad :D

Saying that, Northern Italy is where it's at. Weather is great (but not too hot), the attitude of the public is great (laid back and bollocks to authority!), the food is great, there's snowboarding just around the corner, they LOVE fast cars, fast bikes and motorsport out there, and it's supercar country. If only they spoke English.... :roll:

Zollo
04-07-2005, 23:00

And I've got to agree with that too! :D

edde
04-07-2005, 23:07
I could put up with all the beaurocracy thats ruining the UK if the sun would shine more than 3 days a ****ing year.
I'd be happier is house prices were reasonable. No way I can ever move out and I earn a reasonable wage.

Zollo
04-07-2005, 23:18

Oh yeah, the weather. Now that really ****s me off. Bloody hell, I wanted to stay just a minute ago :?

VIPERONE
04-07-2005, 23:28
it makes me think .//.... perhaps the germans wouldve been stricter.. if the 1940s troops could see britain now, would they have fought with such gallantry.

snakeylady
05-07-2005, 07:51
would love to travel - but not so sure that you wouldn't find the same shit in other European countries- it always looks great from afar but dosn't always live up to expectations when your there- if I had to pick somewhere it wouldn't be my near neighbours - Perth sounds great - the Windyy Isles in the carribean also appeals - somewhere with a laid back style and lots of wildlife!

Purple
05-07-2005, 08:08
Perth sounds great

Perth Australia, I presume?? Two thumbs up, way up. The seafood alone is worth the journey, for me that is. Not sure about the DVT-inducing journey from Blighty.

2 live
05-07-2005, 09:34
given the oppertunity...id be off outta this shithole we call a country like a shot lol

the mrs' dad is with a woman that used to live over in oz til recently. shes english, moved out there 10 years ago with her ex hubby(whos still out there) she moved back here met the in law, bin with him a few years now, has her own business etc. they moving to australia soon............cos she hates it here, life is generally a whole lot better experience out there she says....nver been but i gotta agree lol

hopefully when they settled il have a sponsor hehe.....lots of countries intrested in my line of work......1st chance i get..cars in a crate headin for oz

Jan
05-07-2005, 09:50
I bugger off all the time - lol

Spent a year in the states, then 1 in france and another in switzerland! Have been in london for a year, but won't be here longer than another 12 months..... Just a question of where next? 8)

Purple
05-07-2005, 10:02
hopefully when they settled il have a sponsor hehe.....lots of countries intrested in my line of work......1st chance i get..cars in a crate headin for oz

But your Clio Williams won't get much use in Aus. What with a brand new 300bhp HSV Holdens costing sometimes like 20k pounds. Tuned 600bhp JDM R34 for less than 40k pounds. And petrol currently at an all-time high of 50p per litre (98oct) :D

Swervin_Mervin
05-07-2005, 10:21
You can't go fast anywhere in oz though thesedays can you? They love their speeding fines more than anyone.

Plus I have seen programmes where people have moved back to blighty 'cos they're sick of worrying about the moles their kids kept getting, and having to have removed.

I reckon most places will have things that piss you off if you live there, but you expect at least something in return. At the moment it seems there's nothing over here.

I am actually proud to be british and still think our culture is amongst the best in the world, but I don't like the way the future looks. As KS said, the scum that's breeding at the moment is the problem.

2 live
05-07-2005, 10:32

But your Clio Williams won't get much use in Aus. What with a brand new 300bhp HSV Holdens costing sometimes like 20k pounds. Tuned 600bhp JDM R34 for less than 40k pounds. And petrol currently at an all-time high of 50p per litre (98oct) :D

lol....but how many clio williams' are there?? they wouldnt know what hit em lol

Purple
05-07-2005, 10:37
You can't go fast anywhere in oz though thesedays can you? They love their speeding fines more than anyone.

I reckon most places will have things that piss you off if you live there, but you expect at least something in return. At the moment it seems there's nothing over here.

Agree, grass will always greener on the other side - until you live there. Good and bad sides to everything.

Sadly, the strict speeding thing is quite true. I visit there quite often and still can't get used to seeing plain clothes cops (T-shirts, jeans and gunbelt) stepping out of unmarked Holdens, WRX etc. Freaks me out all the time. Don't race with them :)

Purple
05-07-2005, 10:48
lol....but how many clio williams' are there?? they wouldnt know what hit em lol

Zero, I think. Although there is a few classic Renault collectors in Melbourne, won't be surprised if they had a Williams under humidty control (Stromba's kin folk).

My good mate in Sydney, who has driven my Williams, is hoping that I migrate to Sydney and freight the car over. So far, I haven't rejected the idea. From what I have seen of their versions of chavs over there - too much RWD bhp and too little handling finesse; the Williams would be the perfect hunting weapon there. :twisted:

KingStromba
05-07-2005, 10:51
Sorry to say but Aus blokes are big time into big powerful cars. There roads are long and straight. A Williams in Aus would get raped by there 'zilla Skylines. Most of their tuned cars come from Japan and push stupid power figures. Big scene for it in Aus. Its more like America in terms of cars than Europe.

Slithers
05-07-2005, 10:59
Canada or finland for me

Purple
05-07-2005, 11:04
Sorry to say but Aus blokes are big time into big powerful cars. There roads are long and straight. A Williams in Aus would get raped by there 'zilla Skylines. Most of their tuned cars come from Japan and push stupid power figures. Big scene for it in Aus. Its more like America in terms of cars than Europe.

Still some decent twisties in Sydney to outrun them in a Clio, but you're are right on the power game there among the newly monied. The crazy R34 my mate drove RR'd at 726bhp and 0-100kph couple of times below 2.5secs. I think their car laws are pretty lax when it comes to modding cars. Just can't don't get caught speeding. :)

scotte666
05-07-2005, 17:05
i plan 2 go aus within the next 3 years for good