PDA

View Full Version : another carb question...

broken willy
22-02-2009, 19:36
is it possible to set up twin carbs with ignition only managemet on a 1995 williams to run lean enough to pass an mot but still acheive maximum gains from fitting them?

number1
23-02-2009, 19:23
ITs Possible but i think Running too lean will cause one of the emissions limits to be out, if its properly set up should be ok, Try and get a Friendly mot tester..
Prima Racing do a bike carb kit, but wont give out any information on what they use...

broken willy
24-02-2009, 01:22
i dont really want it to run lean. id quite like it running right but im aware that carb emmision rules were more relaxed than efi rules. also what do you do with the cat? surely pumping all that crap through it's gonna clog it up! does anyone know of anybody who's done a bike carb conversion?

sideways danny
28-02-2009, 21:25
MECH Motorsport in cheltenham for carb setup. Dave did my friends dolomite just a few weeks ago

kenny
28-02-2009, 21:54
My understanding of MOT emissions was that a particular vehicle of a particular year is required to meet predetermined emission levels. For example, a 95 Clio 2.0ltr will have set levels of Co, nitrous oxide, etc to meet regardless of non standard fittings. Do you mean carbs are more tunable or that fitting carbs will change the emissions targets? Or have I completely mis-understood? :?

broken willy
28-02-2009, 22:25
your understanding is correct. altho fitting carbs to a efi model may make it run richer and that could fail the pre determined mot emissions regs. the other thing i cant get my head around is to pass the mot on a 95 williams ive always had to run a cat whereas carbs cars dont run cats. im not sure whether i could get it to pass the mot with/without the cat but running carbs

hamloin
07-05-2009, 17:50
yes if running corectly it will pass mot with cat fitted but ul need to remove cat after as it will eventually ruen it. just do a good set up and put the cat in for mots only. happy days