PDA

View Full Version : K-tec Vs Hill Power Induction

Flash Arghhh
16-02-2009, 23:39
Hello,
When i bought my clio it came with a Pipercross air filter, which has seen better days.

I'm wondering if anyone has used a K-tec Induction kit:
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1084

I've looked at the Hill Power one but its a bit more expensive and looks like i would need to modify the bonnet to get some cold air pushed in.

Any ideas what to go for?
Hows anyone come across the K-tec one?
I know someone it going to say get the orignal box with a different filter in, thats my 2nd option.

Cheers,

drsmith1979
17-02-2009, 01:51
Lots of differing opinions on here my old chum,

personally i wouldn't spend that kind of money on an intake unless it modified the manifold or throttle body in some way to increase air flow etc.....

You can go for the open air style induction kit, great noise but will get a little feeble when in hot weather or in standing traffic, or you can go for the enclosed option.... Hill power used to have a 'half way house' affair whereby there was a semi enclosed one, i had this one and loved it! however, i wouldn't have paid much for it....

All in all i would save some of your notes and use the original airbox with an ITG replacement performance filter, that way you can put some extra money away for something else, coilovers, a chip, exhaust etc.....

midge
17-02-2009, 18:53
the only thing i'd have over a standard airbox is that half enclosed hill power one, but again, i wouldnt pay much for one!