PDA

View Full Version : Gaz Coilovers

Flash Arghhh
13-02-2009, 21:13
Ey Up,
Just bought a set of Gaz Coilovers and looking at some pictures, it looks like they have two nuts (in the pictures) to lock them out.
The set i have only as one nut to adjust, is that right? Will it spin?
I've only been given one C spanner so i'm very confussed.
Cheers
Flash

Flash Arghhh
13-02-2009, 21:16
Its those: http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?a=i&p=GAZGHA308&part=Renault-Clio-Mk1-16-valve-GAZ-Height-Adjustable-Coilover-Suspension-Kits#

jam13
15-02-2009, 15:10
yes that is right just the 1 winder but it has an allen key grub screw in it stop it from moving

Lunner
15-02-2009, 18:10
I think you've confused yourself.

The seat winds up and down by spinning round the coilover shaft, there is usually a grub screw in this seat to lock it off.

Depending whether you have non adjustable, single adjustable or two way adjustable will determine how many adjustment knobs you have, usually the fronts adjust by twisting the hex head of the strut top, and the rears will have a nob on them, i know the rears have a nob on them as i have the rears.......however the link you posts was to non-adjustable ones, so yours will have no adjustment knobs for rebound/bounce, just the wind able seat on the fronts to adjust height. Rear height is adjusted with the torsion bar.

The coil overs in that picture are not clio coil overs, they will just be a generic image, likely the same for all the models, just for illustration purposes

Flash Arghhh
15-02-2009, 18:31
O yeh, didn't have a good look at the unit.
Cheers Bud

Flash Arghhh
15-02-2009, 18:38
I think you've confused yourself.

The seat winds up and down by spinning round the coilover shaft, there is usually a grub screw in this seat to lock it off.

Depending whether you have non adjustable, single adjustable or two way adjustable will determine how many adjustment knobs you have, usually the fronts adjust by twisting the hex head of the strut top, and the rears will have a nob on them, i know the rears have a nob on them as i have the rears.......however the link you posts was to non-adjustable ones, so yours will have no adjustment knobs for rebound/bounce, just the wind able seat on the fronts to adjust height. Rear height is adjusted with the torsion bar.

The coil overs in that picture are not clio coil overs, they will just be a generic image, likely the same for all the models, just for illustration purposes

Just had a look and it had rebound (top adjuster) and my rears have rebound to.
Cheers

Wobba
16-02-2009, 21:49
Do not tighten top mount while using the adjuster as leverage. Can go horribly wrong ;)

Flash Arghhh
16-02-2009, 23:15
Got some compbrake topmounts, was a bad phone line when i ordered them and i thought the guy said £35. O how i was shocked when the invoice came. hahaha