PDA

View Full Version : Live 8

KingStromba
02-07-2005, 15:35
What a bunch of wank. If Bob 'shit singer' Geldoff is so concerned about Africa, why doesnt he give all his money to the cause?

Ohhh no, he wants you to give all your money. Loser. Must really lose sleep lying on his matress of money thinking about poor Africans.

Slithers
02-07-2005, 15:43
What a bunch of wank. If Bob 'shit singer' Geldoff is so concerned about Africa, why doesnt he give all his money to the cause?

Ohhh no, he wants you to give all your money. Loser. Must really lose sleep lying on his matress of money thinking about poor Africans.

cant agree more theyll happily let us ****ers pledge 20 or 30 quid to the cause but all they do is free musical performances, oh woop de fukkin do im sure those free gigs put massive dents on their numbered swiss bank accounts.

KingStromba
02-07-2005, 15:47
Ive got the solution to 3rd World debt.

DONT ****ING BORROW THE MONEY IF YOU CANT AFFORD TO PAY IT BACK

Caramelx
02-07-2005, 16:16
I have to dissagree with you both there, at least they are trying to change something, sometimes its not just about giving money but a wider issue.

KingStromba
02-07-2005, 16:25
Its not about giving money away? Well thats what they want us to do.

Hey, i am 'concerned' about my williams, but i dont go organising concerts so the public have to pay for its repairs.

If coldplay, Geldoff etc are so 'concerned' with 3rd world debt, then let them pay themselves. They could give all of there money away bar a small amount (say 40 grand a year) to live on confortably.

But they dont. Just goes to show they dont really care THAT much. KJust they have nothing better to do that tell us how to spend OUR money.

And if Africa stopped trying to blow itself up and commit genoside at every opportunity, maybe they could spend some of the money that goes to guns on food and crops.

**** em i say.

Slithers
02-07-2005, 17:04
I have to dissagree with you both there, at least they are trying to change something, sometimes its not just about giving money but a wider issue.

Its not that i dont pledge money to these charities like band aid, children in need, tsunami appeal.....i do.

But it pisses me off that people like geldof and bono claim to do a load for charity where in reality i and many others probably donate a higher percentage of my overall wage to charity.

Say to geldof and bono "donate 500,000 quid to charity out of your own pockets," and i bet they'd tell you to **** off.

Its not like they cant afford it, they'll claw it back in a few months through massive bank interest and publicity stunts gigs etc etc

MatBrown
02-07-2005, 17:30
Was speaking about this earlier with Nick Hill and he reckoned it's costing an extra £5m for policing!

Mat.

richy
02-07-2005, 18:24
i was thinking same thing, the amount they could give in comparison to most normal ppl is massive difference, as said if there so bothered then why dont they!

im all for helping them clear there debts and build a good econamy but i dont earn a tenth of what most of the ppl performing do!

edde
02-07-2005, 18:49
I have to agree KS.
It would be a nice thing so no child (or adult) dies from poverty there no war or fights in the world but most of it is brought on themselves. Its Mugarbi isn't it who is destroying peoples houses. Now correct if if I'm wrong but isn't destroying peoples houses one of the forms or effects of poverty.

I am getting fed up of artists promotive live 8 who could easily afford to give hald there fortune and never notice it but they won't.

Whats the best thing personally is there having this concert to make world leaders aware of the amount of people who want world debt cancelled. Err if I put a free concert with some of th biggest names in the world on to promote the Williams CLio as the best car ever I'm sure everyone would turn up doesn't mean they know it to be so or will do anyhting if the car in't the best thing ever.
Bets thing is people there will get awards for this spending maybe 1% of there money and an absolutly tiny proportion of there spendable cash (ie money that thy don't need to pay the bills and live) however if I give 1/4 of the money spare that I have I get nothing.

KingStromba
02-07-2005, 19:43
These stars are just living in the clouds. They have so little to do, they think they can go round trying to spend other people money to save the world.

They claim this concert will make Bush drop 3rd world payments??

He didnt even listen to his own electorate over the Iraq war. He will just do what the **** he wants, and couldnt give a shit about Rob Gandoff, or whoever he is.

People fight. Innocents die. Always has happened. Always will. Get used to it.

Slithers
02-07-2005, 19:45
If i ever win the lottery i will pledge 500,000 quid to charity if bob geldof lets me fight him. Hell, he can even have bono backing him up if hes scared.

KingStromba
02-07-2005, 19:47
If Bob Geldoff actaully recorded a decent record, maybe he would have less time to tell us all what we should all be concerned about.

What a cock

kj16v
02-07-2005, 21:32

Every country has a debt. Even Britain

KingStromba
03-07-2005, 01:21

Every country has a debt. Even Britain

But we can afford to pay it back. What's Ethiopia going to pay back there debt with? Long distance runners?

Smokey McPot
03-07-2005, 11:35
Live 8 was about raising awareness. Not money.

KingStromba
03-07-2005, 11:38
Live 8 was about raising awareness. Not money.

Well it didnt do a very good job if i dont understand what its trying to achieve then.

Smokey McPot
03-07-2005, 12:32
Agreed.

Just thought it was worth mentioning while you were riding you stallion of opinion ;)

Dan_mk1
03-07-2005, 16:44
:lol: :lol: :lol:

KingStromba
03-07-2005, 17:05
My stallion of opinion is called 'ego'

Smokey McPot
04-07-2005, 18:10
his mother was sired by Mr Ed.