PDA

View Full Version : Valver / Williams ECU... please help

jas1159
08-01-2009, 20:50
I have had a quick search but cant see a reply to this question any where..

Firstly do any of you guys know the standard rev range of a valver and a williams engine is it something like

Williams - 6800?? or 6500?
Rumour has it the valver revs higher due to having a smaller crank or something?

and the main question is... my car is running a williams engine and a valver ECU, I am told its previous owner swapped the ECU for a williams and found it to make no noticable difference.

My car revs to 7200 which i have no complaints about lol but i am just wondering if it will be missing power / fuel etc

does it rev to 7200 because its a valver ecu running a williams or has it been played with / chipped??

Thanks in advance for any help

MAXIBOY
08-01-2009, 22:23
iirc correctly about 6500 on a willy lump..

difficult to tell if its chipped or just had the limiter removed/raised...

1.8 revs higher because it has a shorter stroke..

don't think they run as well on a valver ecu..

schakal
08-01-2009, 22:30
take the ecu out of its casing and you can tell if it a valver or williams
ecu , same goes for the engine . there should be an aluminium
plate on the block to the right of the dipstick metal tube which shall
reveal you the type of the engine .

franksvalver
09-01-2009, 07:25
On the ECU there is a long code...

End in either 103 or 105 (i think) its a valver but if it ends in 107 it is definately a williams

jas1159
09-01-2009, 12:16
Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated..

The engine is 100% a williams bottom end and head etc, The ECU is a Valver

However it easily keeps up with a standard williams after testing it last night against a nice well maintained williams that completes a 1/4 mile in 14.7 and the extra 700rpm is very noticable in gear changes.

I am new to this scene so all the information is a great help

I think all i can draw from this is i am losing fuel input which isnt giving me quite as much go as a williams however what it loses in power it makes up for with the long gears, now i want a williams ecu de restricted to 7200 that would be awsome :)

jas1159
09-01-2009, 12:17
Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated..

The engine is 100% a williams bottom end and head etc, The ECU is a Valver

However it easily keeps up with a standard williams after testing it last night against a nice well maintained williams that completes a 1/4 mile in 14.7 and the extra 700rpm is very noticable in gear changes.

I am new to this scene so all the information is a great help

I think all i can draw from this is i am losing fuel input which isnt giving me quite as much go as a williams however what it loses in power it makes up for with the long gears, now i want a williams ecu de restricted to 7200 that would be awsome :)

Wobba
09-01-2009, 14:50
The ECU itself should be the same as a Ph1 valver I think anyway. It's the EPROM or whatever chip thats different, with a different map.

I think there were two ECU suppliers, Siemens and Bendix.

It could be your car is running a different map, with different fuelling, or it could be something more mechanical, like dirty injectors etc or lambda etc.

Sounds quick though! get us a pic sometime :)

Laine_16v
09-01-2009, 21:03
Its eternallifes williams engine, with a valver ECU, i should know i put the engine in :P

Jason mate, get a gunner chip, increased limiter, with the benefit of 2.0 correct fuelling.

Put a wanted add up on the forum.

jas1159
10-01-2009, 12:55
I put a wanted add but only reply ive had is £80 for an ECU where Gaz had one for sale for 50 a while back so holding out at the mo

alex_e3
13-01-2009, 18:42
I put a 16v phase II ECU on my old hybrid once, as i needed the williams ECU for something else - it absolutely ruined the car! Felt more like a valver again and had no bottom end grunt again. Swapped it straight back!