PDA

View Full Version : Drinking from the hot water tap

Wobba
02-12-2008, 14:46
Just wondered how many of you are aware of the harmful metals found in the pipework of hot water pipes? Seems most people I meet are unaware of the brain and nervous system damage that heavy metal deposits from old water pipework causes.

Only drink from the cold tap in your kitchen! That includes food preperation and making tea! Boiling hot tap water concentrates lead deposits, it's not about germs!

Never use hot tap water for children, it has a more severe effect and long term health issues for developing brains and bodies.

Thanks for your time,

Dr. Wobba.

J o n
02-12-2008, 16:23
so drinking from the septic tank would also be construed a bad idea? That explains this extra appendage I've been growing anyway!

Will16valver
02-12-2008, 16:30
sorry to say but thats only true in old houses with old pipe work that had open topped tank in the loft.
New house that have had gas boilers in right from the start is all the same water and you can drink from any tap in the house, EVEN the toilet cistern if u think its clean inside. all comes from the same inlet pipe :-p

Wobba
02-12-2008, 16:31
so drinking from the septic tank would also be construed a bad idea? That explains this extra appendage I've been growing anyway!

lol yea sceptic tank is a nono as well... there was a story of a kid who got locked in the attic for 45 years and only drank from sceptic tank, when they found him after years of being locked away he had grown a second head from his shoulder, some say out of boredom, but others speculate it was due to contaminants from sceeptic tank...

Wobba
02-12-2008, 16:33
sorry to say but thats only true in old houses with old pipe work that had open topped tank in the loft.
New house that have had gas boilers in right from the start is all the same water and you can drink from any tap in the house, EVEN the toilet cistern if u think its clean inside. all comes from the same inlet pipe :-p

How do you define 'old'? it is true though, older houses are more likely to have this problem, but is reported that 'new' builds also have lead contaminant.

Coops
02-12-2008, 17:30
get my blood lead tested in work 6 monthly due to nature of the job, am clean as a whistle currently despite brushing of the teeth in the shower in my 100 year old pad :wink:

number1
03-12-2008, 20:23
Id never drink from the hot tap simply because i dont like drinking warm water :wink: only time i drink water is when its in tea/coffee

If we listened to all the scare stories that scientist's came out with we wouldnt go out the house/eat/Sleep/be infront of a monitor in fear of contracting something from it..

FATBOY
03-12-2008, 21:16
right all. im a professional (12 years) plumber here. who in there right mind drinks from the hot tap anyway???? secondly, you should not drink from the cold water storage cistern, as its not potable(not suitable for drinking) water. and through my years as a plumber, after seeing what can lurk in the bottom of these tanks(dead birds,rats,mice,bees,wasps) it would even put you off cleaning your teeth in that water. best bet is to make sure your tank is fully protected with a byelaw 30 kit and airtight lid, with screened vent, and screened overflow outlet(there both components of a byelaw 30 kit). lead piping is not as common in houses as it used to be(always cut it out and replace with copper when we come across it), but lead mains from the street to your internal stopcock are very common. after many years of flowing through a lead pipe, i doubt the danger of lead poisoning would be very low indeed, what with all the scale that would have built up over the years on the inside walls of the pipe. if people are that worried fit a filtered water tap(i have and the difference between that and nor mal tap water is very different in taste)

fasterthanjesus
03-12-2008, 22:50
a girl at work said she once drank from the furry cup?

willl she be ok?

Coops
04-12-2008, 00:59
provided she can use a stop cock, but by the sounds of it thats exactly what she did

schakal
04-12-2008, 01:26
a girl at work said she once drank from the furry cup?

willl she be ok?

depends ...
ginger fur can cause severe brain damage for example :shock:

2 live
04-12-2008, 19:28
right all. im a professional (12 years) plumber here. who in there right mind drinks from the hot tap anyway???? secondly, you should not drink from the cold water storage cistern, as its not potable(not suitable for drinking) water. and through my years as a plumber, after seeing what can lurk in the bottom of these tanks(dead birds,rats,mice,bees,wasps) it would even put you off cleaning your teeth in that water. best bet is to make sure your tank is fully protected with a byelaw 30 kit and airtight lid, with screened vent, and screened overflow outlet(there both components of a byelaw 30 kit). lead piping is not as common in houses as it used to be(always cut it out and replace with copper when we come across it), but lead mains from the street to your internal stopcock are very common. after many years of flowing through a lead pipe, i doubt the danger of lead poisoning would be very low indeed, what with all the scale that would have built up over the years on the inside walls of the pipe. if people are that worried fit a filtered water tap(i have and the difference between that and nor mal tap water is very different in taste)

lol......if only u could see some of the build up we get in the water mains ........ud be disgusted mate lol. iv seen 6 inch mains that have that much build up of shite inside em that there was only a little jet of water squirting thru the gap.......and yes....this is on the clean water side.....drinking mains.

Coops
05-12-2008, 11:42
puts hairs on ur chest lads, its good for you :D