PDA

View Full Version : mod advice

foshizzle
28-11-2008, 17:59
ok ive got a mk1 1.4rt clio in dark green. as its an RT its got most gadgets, ive already got a few mods, running 15", k&n and cold feed, scorpion stainless system, williams spoiler

aside from some 16v/2.0 door badges im a bit stuck for mods, i think id like to lower the torsion bar however im a bit worried as i have the closed type, and im worried it wont go back in as this is my car to drive to work..

Fancy maybe some skirts but cant seem to find some secondhand.

are there any other simple ish engines mods i can do? any more suggestions that are popular?

white16valver
28-11-2008, 19:50
Do you need to carry rear passengers? Stripping the seats out is a quick way to lose some weight and gain some performance :)

Be aware that some insurance companies want to know if you're properly stripping shit loads out though lol

As for the 2.0 badges... Noooooooo... Badge down so people think you're slower than you are - if you badge up then fail in a challenge people will laugh lol

Other simple things you could do are colour coding the bumpstrips, smoothing the boot, smoothing the bonnet, swapping the bonnet for a 16v/wiliams version... Keep it simple though, don't add too much or it will look chav! :shock: :lol:

Other things you could uprate for your benefit that don't really notice on the outside are uprated brakes and uprated headlight bulbs.

Think that's it for my ideas! lol

spikey-ben
28-11-2008, 20:46
I find doing the torsion bars a piece of cake mate. Go out and guy a slide hammer set and a lenght of threaded bar (carnt rememeber thread size at moment though). After a bit of work and swearing, hey presto in no time at all, youve got your self a pimped clio.

Brealbags
28-11-2008, 21:17
Iv got RSI seats front and backfor sale. The ones with the green and blue flicks

When i had my old 1.2 i bought these and im not joking...the best mod i ever did. There sooo comfy compared to the gay standard ones

Also got front lowering springs 30mm

de cat

Backbox 3''

Extended dash top from valver

foshizzle
28-11-2008, 21:17
I was going to go for the approach using a bolt and some nuts and a large socket over the bar to ease it out, does this not work?

Might do it over the weekend if its not too hard.

Allan
29-11-2008, 11:24
deffo get some valver or williams seats, the 1.2 ones just don't cut it once you have been in a valver

sk84life
29-11-2008, 16:17
deffo get some valver or williams seats, the 1.2 ones just don't cut it once you have been in a valver

+1

Thread required for torsion bar is M10 btw, good luck!