PDA

View Full Version : North West (Lancashire) meet, drive and dinner 7.12.08

simonr85
26-11-2008, 12:48
Following on from another thread,

Quinster sets off from Preston at 930am and heads for Longridge, then Slaidburn and onto the Ribble Head via duct via Settle. I then go through Ingleton, Caton and on to Scorton for food.

Anyone up for this, we could meet at Guys Italian Restaurant on the A6 and go from there? Or the Tickled trout has been mentioned off the M6?? whichever is easiest for most people.

Sunday 7 Dec 2008 ok with everyone????

Carole Anne
26-11-2008, 12:55
Just checked out where all these places are could meet you in Settle or Scorton as not to far from York.

simonr85
26-11-2008, 13:06
yeh wherever you want, the more the better, can always give you my mobile number so you can ring when setting off or vice versa we can ring you when near north yorks

fasterthanjesus
26-11-2008, 15:11
i can meet at the tickle at a reasonable time.

simonr85
26-11-2008, 15:45
matrixguy is up for this also, but he cant post in this thread!!

Carole Anne
26-11-2008, 16:15
so 5 of us possibly so far

come on guys lets have a meet :D

CA

J o n
26-11-2008, 16:25
well, this messes with my boxing schedule, but I'll do my best to come along

simonr85
26-11-2008, 17:15
if you can mate, the more the merrier!! even if you do have a 17poo :lol:

J o n
26-11-2008, 17:21
well, the fight is PPV and I'm a bit annoyed about it as it's hardly two marquee names for mainstream boxing over here... plus the obvious fact it's a mismatch being billed as a 50/50... so I'll come along :)

What's this proposed route like, as my car isn't setup for bumpy uneven roads...

fasterthanjesus
26-11-2008, 17:30
the roads are great. the cattle grids are a judder.

theres not much bump, just windy undulations.

the route is a case of follow the leader. normally clitheroe to lancaster.

2 live
26-11-2008, 19:32
il be there for this...Jon....pussy...they cant be as bad as the bolton meet we went to lol....

mind u..i have nice comfy, shocks/springs now. mite have to up the tempo a bit with the other ecu tho hehe

Quinster
26-11-2008, 21:56
Hiya,

I am up for a mini Lanc/North Yorks road trip on Sat 7th Dec.

Perhaps we could all meet at the Tickled Trout at the junction of the A59 and M6. There is a petrol station there if needed. From here the next juntion north would take us onto the Longridge Road. If nobody objects I can lead the way.

I will be at the Tickled Trout at 930 for a 10 departure?? Let me know if the times need adjusting.

The loop will take 2hrs to Scorton on great driving roads. The Tea Room is called The Priory. There is a big church car park across from it.

What do you all think??

Lee.

simonr85
27-11-2008, 09:33
il be there for this...Jon....pussy...they cant be as bad as the bolton meet we went to lol....

mind u..i have nice comfy, shocks/springs now. mite have to up the tempo a bit with the other ecu tho hehe

thats not fair, my other ECU is not working :cry:

simonr85
27-11-2008, 09:34
Hiya,

I am up for a mini Lanc/North Yorks road trip on Sat 7th Dec.

Perhaps we could all meet at the Tickled Trout at the junction of the A59 and M6. There is a petrol station there if needed. From here the next juntion north would take us onto the Longridge Road. If nobody objects I can lead the way.

I will be at the Tickled Trout at 930 for a 10 departure?? Let me know if the times need adjusting.

The loop will take 2hrs to Scorton on great driving roads. The Tea Room is called The Priory. There is a big church car park across from it.

What do you all think??

Lee.

sounds good to me! i hope i dont get left behind, as my brakes and suspension are crap at the mo

fasterthanjesus
27-11-2008, 09:47
ten bells at the tickle sounds about spot on for me.

simonr85
27-11-2008, 10:12
http://www.theprioryscorton.co.uk/ Is this the 1???

simonr85
27-11-2008, 10:14
Address & Postcode for Tickled Trout is Preston New Road, Preston PR5 0UJ

Carole Anne
27-11-2008, 10:23
Ooo a Tea Room how very civilised :lol:

I'm v excited hope this comes off.

Carole Anne

Carole Anne
27-11-2008, 11:01
Just discovered there is a Scorton in North Yorks and Lancs! one in Lancs is over 2 hours aways from York. We prob couldn't make it right over there :( I did say I was rubbish at geography and directions :oops:

But could still meet for a bit of a drive round the Settle leg of the drive

fasterthanjesus
27-11-2008, 11:43
10 am meet at the tickle.

12.30 aim to be at devils bridge!
give them biker boys something to gawp at !

J o n
27-11-2008, 11:52

It could be as bad... that post office run I went on with the chuckle brothers was like that, said smooth roads and it ended up looking like a ****ing Welsh rally stage... at one point I got stuck in a shallow stream and got air... twice... one of them the car went well over a foot off the ground as the lad behind was telling me he saw a lot of daylight underneath! Ooh, brake fluid needs a change, not been done since Snetterton lol!!!

... and your chip wont help you old man.

simonr85
27-11-2008, 11:56
the only bad bits are the cattle grids (about 10 of in total) as stated above, and there is one tight hairpin going up a steep hill but unless your car is slammed on the deck i shouldnt see there being any problems with the roads through the trough, dont know about the others tho.

Quinster
27-11-2008, 19:37
Yep, thats Scorton Priory linked above. It should take 2-2.5hrs to get there at a steady pace with a few stops to let people catch up etc.

I will bring 5 photocopies of the route from my map and highlight the exact route. I will put on there planned stops for 5 mins at places along the route for quick photos and for people to catch up if needed. Stops in mind include, the top of Waddington Fell (great Veiw), Slaidburn (toilet) and Ribblehead Via Duct (poss great photo op). Then roll down to Scorton.

For anybody who wants to hook up on route then let me know and I will give an eta. We should reach Settle at approx 11.30 ish.

I will be at the Tickled Trout on Sunday 7th December at 930 for a departure at 10.

Looking forward to meeting you all, Lee.

2 live
27-11-2008, 20:16

It could be as bad... that post office run I went on with the chuckle brothers was like that, said smooth roads and it ended up looking like a f***king Welsh rally stage... at one point I got stuck in a shallow stream and got air... twice... one of them the car went well over a foot off the ground as the lad behind was telling me he saw a lot of daylight underneath! Ooh, brake fluid needs a change, not been done since Snetterton lol!!!

... and your chip wont help you old man.

think martins run was probably the best one iv done for getting airborn.....missed a great foto opp there tho. lol

the run round here would have had some nice airborn action, u just have to throw it sideways just b4 the crest to land straight hehe, unfortunately the absolutely dire kent cams broke and i played navigator for monkey who wasnt so keen on the idea lol.

my chip will help me a lot....the 6500 limiter just comes up far too fukkin fast lol. u know how wide i can make my car lol.......wide car.....narrow roads...doesnt matter how much extra power u have lol

Carole Anne
27-11-2008, 22:05
Sorry don't want to mix up the route or anything but think Ribblehead is near Buttertubs which is a great road - could maybe save that for another time though :)

Looks like will meet you lot at Ribblehead if that is ok.

Will PM you my mobile number nearer the time.

Carole Anne

simonr85
28-11-2008, 10:25
will this still happen even if its pissing down???

fasterthanjesus
28-11-2008, 12:03
i will be there at ten even if its pissing down.

Quinster
28-11-2008, 18:26
Hiya,

Yep, rain or shine, i will be there. Looking forward to it. I have printed out photocopies of the route ready.

Lee.

J o n
29-11-2008, 11:39
if it's wet or slippy I wont even attempt the run tbh, my car is undrivable in those conditions on country lanes... as 2 live himself well knows, it just lights up the fronts and torque steers all over the shop

2 live
29-11-2008, 19:21
so does mine at the mo............pussy.

J o n
01-12-2008, 14:33
It's not even in the same league of uncontrolableness lol

Anyway, gonna have to give this one a miss, got people round for the boxing and I'm kidding myself if I think I'll be up before 5pm lol

2 live
01-12-2008, 17:21
lol.....you forget young padawan....... im still on the tyres we did spa and oulton on lol

handling is....errrrrrrrr......entertaining with all the ice/slippy roads at mo...comes on cam...lites up lol

J o n
02-12-2008, 12:30
I'm still on the ones we... erm... drove to Snetterton on... ;) pmsl

Might get the 'special tyres' out... lol

simonr85
06-12-2008, 11:50
just fitted my gunnerchip, AGAIN!!! so will be on 7.2k limiter 2mo :lol:

fasterthanjesus
06-12-2008, 15:24
right bitches. i will be there before 10am.

Quinster
06-12-2008, 19:19
Hiya,

Just to confirm I will be at the Tickled Trout at 930 for a 10 departure. It's going to be icy so we will just go steady. Looking forward to meeting you all, see tomorrow.

Lee.

Carole Anne
06-12-2008, 21:57
Hi

Can meet in Settle and do the drive to Ribblehead and a bit. Not sure what time you will be about in Settle so if you could let us know.

Will PM Lee and Simon with my mobile no.

Willy looks like a rally car as been bombing round North York moors today :oops:

Carole Anne

Carole Anne
07-12-2008, 19:05
Good to meet you guys today was a good run out :D

Thanks for stopping in Settle and not just thinking I was the local loon waving at you lot.

Will definitely have to arrange another meet sometime.

Will give ours a clean before the next one :oops:

Will post the pics soon in the picture section.

Carole Anne

2 live
07-12-2008, 19:15
sorry i missed this.fell asleep bout 3 tryin to stay awake for the fight ll. woke up on the couch at 5, went bed n woke up at 10.

il catch u next time

Quinster
07-12-2008, 22:40
Hiya,

Thanks for showing up you lot, in what were cold and icy conditions. Hope you all got home safe.

I will continue going out most Saturdays, so if anybody wants to hook up let me know.

If somebody else has a good route for a mini road trip, let me know and If you don't mind I will tag along.

Yep, enjoyed meeting you all and look forward to hooking up again in the not to distant future.

All the best for Christmas and the New Year, Lee.

simonr85
08-12-2008, 18:13
yep was a brilliant day, cant wait to get on them roads on a hot day or at least a non icy day!!! So im up for it again!

and yes was good meeting you guys

im gonna post my pics up in the pictures section in a minute but i have better quality versions as there a bit big to put up on the internet, if you PM me your email address i can send the full quality pics

simonr85
08-12-2008, 18:46
http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=333514#333514 - sorted