PDA

View Full Version : Do manifold and downpipe's make much difference?

kneesparks
09-11-2008, 20:20
Does a performance manifold and downpipe make much of a difference to the williams? I know they are not cheep so im unsure if they are worth the extra outlay if there is only little gain? :shock: :?

Rexy
09-11-2008, 20:33
little gains here and there all add up :) the williams manifold looks awefull small to be honest but it may work well... i wasd looking at doin the same thing

sideways danny
09-11-2008, 21:54
got hold of a willy manifold to compare it to a valver one and fit it to bex spider engined RSI. My biggest concern initially is how much smaller the branches are than the exhaust ports. Going to cut up a 172 manifold and make it fit.

k-tec sell a nice manifold and downpipe

number1
09-11-2008, 22:15
Ive got a Supersprint, the K-tec one is a supersprint, tbh when i first fitted it i wasnt very impressed, proper sl@gtastic sound, after a few days the car seemed to have got used to it and pulls harder, think it moves power around more than giving you more terminal speed, 5500rpm onwards is a lot free'r than the valver item

Worth it imo

Mr.AdamB
22-11-2008, 14:13
5500rpm onwards is a lot free'r than the valver item

yeah valver manifold looses topend power wen attached to an f7r. changed to the megane manifold and it inmprooved the topend revs quite a bit,