PDA

View Full Version : Megasquirt

benlooker
16-10-2008, 20:03
Im looking into getting megasquirt for my meggy engine conversion in the valver. Has anybody fitted this to there engine before and does anybody know exactly what im gonna need? Will megasquirt 1 work?

mark
22-10-2008, 22:55
havent heard many things about these kits, id stick with something more better known within the clio market. Emerald, omex and vem's seem to be good buy's. I have an omex for sale too! :wink:

kj16v
26-10-2008, 22:43
I only know of one guy who has used MS. When I last contacted him he had to have the oem ECU still connected to control spark. His next step was to get the spark working. Probabably with Mega Jolt.

volymmannen
29-10-2008, 13:12
Im looking into getting megasquirt for my meggy engine conversion in the valver. Has anybody fitted this to there engine before and does anybody know exactly what im gonna need? Will megasquirt 1 work?
Hello im building a meggy engine for my R5, that engine has 2 coils and no distributer, if you use a MS i will recomend MS2 v3.0 but you still have to modify it to cope 2 coils since it only can suport 1 coil as standard but can be modified to cope 2 coils.
I think i will by a VEMS ecu for my car instead of a MS.

but i will use a MS in my old R21 1,7 to convert it to ethanol, it has a distributor and 1 coil so its mutch easier....

Thomas GT Turbo
12-04-2009, 23:10
I've just fitted a Megesquirt 2 VS3.0 on my clio rallycar. Runs perfectly. Had to change the ignition coil to a common one from an Opel. Else it just works fine.
Used Megasquirt on my Renault 5 GT Turbo with an B18FT engine in did the job more than perfect.
Can't find a reason to buy a VEMS instead of a MS box. There are 10 times more users of the Megasquirt than the VEMS.