PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1 - Your thoughts...

eternalife
14-10-2008, 19:28
Alonson wins two races (in an inferior car), alledgedly says he will help Massa win if he can.

Santander possibly planning on pulling sponsorship from Mclaren, moving to ferrari, paying Kimi out of his contract and getting Alonso to drive for Ferrari (Santander has Spanish roots - hence the liking to Alonso)

Possible talks of a Brawn, Button, Alonso dream team at honda...

Massa (as well as other drivers - Kubica for example) learns that if he always backs off to Shamilton's aggressive driving nature he will lose out, so he decides to return the favour.

Shamilton - chokes, makes numerous mistakes at the start in Japan, and tries unashamedly to let the public know his not arrogant / cocky over confident etc. oh and being likened to M.Schumacher without the titles LMAO

Kubica hopes to 'pull a Kimi'

''A Good driver needs to have titles, a Great driver needs none''
eternalife 10/08

richy
14-10-2008, 20:09
what i thought was utter bullshite is the fact they gave bourdais a 25sec penalty after he came out the pits, was on the inside line and mass clipped him and spun! what they expect him to do, just stop and let massa go past and lose a place as they was racing for position!!

Ferrari International Aassistance!! tools

Clio_GTT
14-10-2008, 20:19
Hamilton is human, it's his desire to win and immaturity that makes him make mistakes as anyone at his age and talent would do. Give the guy a break, how many people come second in their rooky season with the chance of winning?

I'm not gonna blow sunshine up his arse all day but he deserves credit for what he's achieved. Just because he makes a few mistakes you've jumped all over his back, look at the rest of the field, they've all made MASSIVE mistakes which have cost them races. Just because we as a nation put all our hopes on his shoulders doesn't mean you can cut him down when he's "not up to scratch".

Massa and Kimi used to be massively immature and aggressive, they've aged and gained experience, we've got that to look forward to with Lewis.

Get off the lads back FFS.

eternalife
14-10-2008, 21:23
^^^^ Sounds almost like Hamilton's 'I am human' speech :lol:

Immaturity can be forgiven - although it sure is taking its time to overcome IMO! Also do not mistake an immature temperament with a lack of F1 race experience.
Every driver in F1 can be aggressive (as lewis is) - doubt many will actually finish the race though. When others start biting back at Lewis and not yielding he will soon realise that an overly aggressive nature means he will not finish in the points if at all. Senna v Prost anyone?

Alonso was never immature and overly aggressive in the manner Hamilton is - hence why other drivers never spoke badly of him and every constructor wanted him to drive for them.

Coming Second in rookie season?
When formula 1 racing first started - the driver who won the first championship won the title in his rookie season. :?

Everyone has their favorites (and mine since the start was Mclaren - Mika the legend!) but following the shambles that was Mclaren last year - no thanks anymore. I do not like Lewis and couldn't care if he wins every season from now on or does not. Schumi won more titles than anyone - Mika was always more respected by teams/drivers...i wonder y?? :roll:
ITV F1 coverage kissing his ass is enough to make anyone puke.

eternalife
14-10-2008, 21:27
what i thought was utter bullshite is the fact they gave bourdais a 25sec penalty after he came out the pits, was on the inside line and mass clipped him and spun! what they expect him to do, just stop and let massa go past and lose a place as they was racing for position!!

Ferrari International Aassistance!! tools

Yeh but there are 'rules' (so they say) about cutting someone up who has the racing line and has his front wheels in front.
What sebastian did to Massa very similar to what Massa did to Hamilton (apart from driving almost off the track :lol: )

Hamilton - in front, racing line - massa clips rear (agreed he was partly off the track) and spins him.
Massa - in front, racing line - Seb clips his rear and spins him

richy
14-10-2008, 22:02
he didnt cut massa up though, he had just left the pits and was ahead of massa and racing for position, you can clearly see he was on the inside line right along the kurb as this is were the pit exit leads them pretty much, and massa still cut in and clipped him, it wasnt like bourdais made a dive at overtaking him and clipped him after a failed move, you cant expect him to just stop or pull over onto the grass!!

massa being experienced should of known to have left a good car size gap for him as he was faster anyway!

Clio_GTT
14-10-2008, 22:29
When formula 1 racing first started - the driver who won the first championship won the title in his rookie season. :?

LOL that's the worst arguement i've ever heard, it was everyones rookie season hence a rookie HAD to win it, that's a piss poor statement.

Lewis dominated most of the lower classes he competed in too right from carting upwards which earned him sponsorship from Mclaren. Don't see that very often do you.

eternalife
14-10-2008, 23:02

LOL that's the worst arguement i've ever heard, it was everyones rookie season hence a rookie HAD to win it, that's a piss poor statement.

Lewis dominated most of the lower classes he competed in too right from carting upwards which earned him sponsorship from Mclaren. Don't see that very often do you.

Its not an argument, it is a fact - yes a rookie had to win it, doesnt take from the fact its true :S
Piss poor statement is 'he was second in his rookie season' LMAO Who cares about second place!

Alonso won back to back World Championships, and putting to rest (and into retirement) Schumi who has won more titles than anyone else.
Youngest ever World Champion
2 World Championship Victories in a car that 'was not the best'.
82 points in 9 races in 2006 season..the list goes on and on...

Fact is - if Lewis wasn't british - no one in this country would care much for him at all...
Patriotism is the virtue of the viscious - Oscar Wilde

I don't follow the lower classes although I am sure many of the younger drivers in F1 proved themselves in the lower classes.

PS: This thread was about 'your' thoughts on f1' - not the statements I made :?

eternalife
14-10-2008, 23:19
he didnt cut massa up though, he had just left the pits and was ahead of massa and racing for position, you can clearly see he was on the inside line right along the kurb as this is were the pit exit leads them pretty much, and massa still cut in and clipped him, it wasnt like bourdais made a dive at overtaking him and clipped him after a failed move, you cant expect him to just stop or pull over onto the grass!!

massa being experienced should of known to have left a good car size gap for him as he was faster anyway!

I do agree that Massa should carry some blame.

Although look here: http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/10/8530.html
Towards the end of the video you will see - as they are entering the turn - Massa's front wheels are infront of Sebastian's.

Clio_GTT
15-10-2008, 18:18

Its not an argument, it is a fact - yes a rookie had to win it, doesnt take from the fact its true :S
Piss poor statement is 'he was second in his rookie season' LMAO Who cares about second place!

Alonso won back to back World Championships, and putting to rest (and into retirement) Schumi who has won more titles than anyone else.
Youngest ever World Champion
2 World Championship Victories in a car that 'was not the best'.
82 points in 9 races in 2006 season..the list goes on and on...

Fact is - if Lewis wasn't british - no one in this country would care much for him at all...
Patriotism is the virtue of the viscious - Oscar Wilde

I don't follow the lower classes although I am sure many of the younger drivers in F1 proved themselves in the lower classes.

PS: This thread was about 'your' thoughts on f1' - not the statements I made :?

The statements you made were about F1 and i posted my thoughts on them.

I don't care that he's british, infact my favourite F1 driver happens to be Mark Webber closely followed by Vettel.

But you can't deter from the fact that he's one of the best drivers in the world, where did Schumacher come in his rookie season? He got 4 points in 6 races. If you put it all into perspective Hamilton is at the beginning of his career and you can bet your bottom dollar he'll win championships and dominate the sport for a fair amount of time.

I'm not denying that Alonso or anyone in a formula 1 car isn't a good driver because let's face it you have to be immense to be in one in the first place but Hamilton has the "Schumacher factor" about him.

The fact is you're not quantifying it at all, you're comparing a noobie to the veterans.

eternalife
15-10-2008, 21:26
LOL^^^

Schumi never began his f1 career in a competitive car.
The most competitive car has the best chance of winning, the best driver does not (take Jensen as a prime example of being unable to get points - take Coulthard at Mclaren winning A1 and Monaco not due to him being the best driver but more so the car).

''Bet bottom dollar he will win a championship''? i'd like to see him do it as Alonso did in an inferior car.

''one of the best drivers in the world'' so are most of the drivers in F1. Do not believe all the BS itv are spinning out regarding Hamilton.

''Newbie to Veterans''?
I wouldn't call Alonso a veteran in F1. Started in 2003 (not including 2002 as a test driver) and had developed himself, his car, his team, the packge in just three years to win the coveted World Champion Title.
Alonso is also renowned for his talent to develop cars/teams as well as his driving. In Alonso's rookie season, he was playing second fiddle to Trulli in 2003 - in 2006 he had helped to develop a car/package good enough to win the world championship.
He could quite possibly be the ONLY person ever to win the World Championship, even though Schumacher had the 'better' car.

Hamilton on the other hand...walked into a pre-developed car and was constantly obtaining info from Alonso's engineers to copy settings :lol:

Yes Hamilton has the 'Schumacher factor' about him - the arrogance, the cockyness, the desire to win at all costs (shall we take out Hill or Vileneuve??) - he is fast becoming hated amongst drivers - kubica has already openly spoken out - if winning at any costs is what you believe makes 'a great driver' then that is your prerogative.
For me a great driver has to have the respect of his peers, have a sense of humilty and justness in the way they operate. Not simply cut other people up and show an aggressive side to driving - once others get pissed off by this, it will be a never ending tunnel of 'no point finishes'....Prost learnt this in his career - Hamilton clearly has not...

Then again maybe Hamilton's radio malfunctioned and he couldn't hear the team/Ron Dennis :lol:

The last statement refers to the debacle of when Alonso held hamilton up in the pits last season...
- 2007 season..Mclaren work out how to run the V8's on 4 cylinders (for a period of time thus they are able to que at the end of the pits (without over heating) before any other constructor.
- Alonso and Hamilton take it in turns who goes out first
- Hamilton believes he has a right to go out first again eventhough he went out first in the previous race
- The cars set off - hamilton is told via radio to let Alonso pass...HIS RADIO MALFUNCTIONS !!!! what a coincidence
- when he does finally hear he slows down, by now Alonso has created a gap as to get clean air - hamilton continues.
- Alonso pays back Hamilton for his selfishness by holding Hamilton up on the pits.
- Alonso gets penalised as a result, after Hamilton runs to FIA like a baby :lol:

Rob72
15-10-2008, 21:56
shumacher is now racin in the german superbikes...he,s finishin mid pack.
he,s tested a world superbike aswell..

16v_paddy
15-10-2008, 22:01
Lost interest in F1 this season tbh :(

Much rather watch BTCC, Seat Cupra champs or clio cups, much more interesting and more accessible to "normal people"

I'm only really interested in seeng a brit be world champion, if its lewis doing it being a cnut so be it, but I cant be arsed make any effort to watch it these days, news bulletin & a quick glance in the paper is about my whack for this sport :(

Might be more interested when the BBC get it back tho :)

Clio_GTT
16-10-2008, 17:50
The Renault wasn't an inferior car, that's the thing. It was infact a better all around car.

I understand all your points but you don't put them across very well, Alonso in my eyes has a lot more F1 experience compared to Hamilton, not many drivers will have careers that span more than 10 years so percentage wise Alonso is a veteran with pre knowledge of tracks which hamilton didn't have in his first season.

Clio_GTT
16-10-2008, 17:53
BTW, i'm very opinionated and non of my "harsh" comments are aimed at you as a person, i'm just a stubborn cnut :wink:

eternalife
16-10-2008, 19:39
BTW, i'm very opinionated and non of my "harsh" comments are aimed at you as a person, i'm just a stubborn cnut :wink:

It is all good banter, can be good listening to the other side of the story... sometimes :wink:
Infact 'conflict' can bring better results... 8) Maybe that's what Hamilton's trying to do, piss of every other driver and hopefully win the title?? :lol:

Lewis has a lot of experience in racing
It should definitely not take a racing driver more than the practice sessions to learn a new circuit.
Yes Alonso' has been in F1 for 6 years (inc 2008) - Which includes 2 x World Titles and 1 x runners up. Lewis has been here for 2 (inc 2008)

Very very debatable RE: Renault package than ferrari when Alonso won his titles - substantiated info needs to be found :twisted:

Clio_GTT
16-10-2008, 20:14
Malaysian GP 19/3/2006 F Alonso Mild Seven Renault F1 Team
San Marino GP 23/4/2006 F Alonso Mild Seven Renault F1 Team
British GP 11/6/2006 F Alonso Mild Seven Renault F1 Team
Chinese GP 1/10/2006 F Alonso Mild Seven Renault F1 Team
Japanese GP 8/10/2006 F Alonso Mild Seven Renault F1 Team

Fastest laps in the 2006 season, no mean feat from an inferior car

http://www.crash.net/gpa/season_grandprix_results.asp?season=2006&driver_id=11558&GrandPrix_id=43589

http://www.crash.net/gpa/season_grandprix_results.asp?season=2006&driver_id=11558&GrandPrix_id=43604

Even Fisichellas car was fast

eternalife
17-10-2008, 00:24
Malaysian GP 19/3/2006 F Alonso Mild Seven Renault F1 Team
San Marino GP 23/4/2006 F Alonso Mild Seven Renault F1 Team
British GP 11/6/2006 F Alonso Mild Seven Renault F1 Team
Chinese GP 1/10/2006 F Alonso Mild Seven Renault F1 Team
Japanese GP 8/10/2006 F Alonso Mild Seven Renault F1 Team

Fastest laps in the 2006 season, no mean feat from an inferior car

http://www.crash.net/gpa/season_grandprix_results.asp?season=2006&driver_id=11558&GrandPrix_id=43589

http://www.crash.net/gpa/season_grandprix_results.asp?season=2006&driver_id=11558&GrandPrix_id=43604

Even Fisichellas car was fast

At least present information in a fair manner!! telling one side of the story is very poor - your credibility will soon be in question..

Ok nevertheless,

2006 Season:
Alonso sets fastest Lap in 5 Circuits
Fisichella sets fastest Laps in 0 circuits
Schumi sets fastest laps in 7 circuit
Massa sets fastest lap in 2 circuits

Alas, 2006 Season. Ferrari's set more 'fastest lap' times. As that is what YOU have used in your last post to determine which car was better. Then you have merely proved my point that the Ferrari was superior and the Renault was inferior - Yet Alonso still won the World Championship.

Therefore my earlier statement is correct - Alonso won the 2006 Championship in an inferior car.

Big mistake on your part using fastest lap times to determine which car was superior/inferior - Thank you kindly for choosing a criteria which proved my point :lol:

talkingfish
17-10-2008, 11:20
Hamilton has disappeared up his own arse - period....

I'm sick of all the Alonso bashing - they are now saying stuff like the Renault has got some form of traction control and the FIA are turning a blind eye.... jeez, Renault are renowned for getting a silk purse out of a sows ear and it looks like they've finally understood how to ge the most out of the Bridgestone tyres... what about all the "secret" engine development that Mercedes have been doing...

I'm a Renault man through and through, and if Alonso happens to be driving their car, then so what? I support the team, not the driver...

talkingfish
17-10-2008, 11:22
eh? I tried to put "sick and tired" but got "jolly good show old boy" what's up there then??? crazy board.....

eternalife
18-10-2008, 02:31
Reno certainly seemed to have hit a sweet spot in the set-up of the car in the last two races that's for sure. Considering they haven't been updating the car with 'new-bits' for quite a while can really only relate back to the set-up.

Alonso although fortunate at singapore...safety car etc etc - he was showing competitive pace throughout the practice sessions. At Singapore Alonso/Reno were fastest in practice sessions (overall fastest including fastest in sessions 2 and 3).