PDA

View Full Version : Singapore F1whio

Coops
27-09-2008, 20:15
who else is loving this as a spectacle, i think the track and setup at night etc is a proper spectacle, just what f1 needs imo
fingers crossed theres no flippn monsoon tomorrow, purple, no raindances :wink:

richy
27-09-2008, 20:27
i think it should be purples task to get his williams on the starting grid just before they start the race lol

remember a BIG wc sticker lol

Purple
27-09-2008, 23:16
It looked better than I thought it would. Even the mickey mouse sector 3 turned out OK. But, seriously, I am praying for rain (as I always do in any F1 race) for a bit more high drama during the race. Qualifying was at 10 pm but with the race starting at 7.30pm, the setting sun over the city will be breathtaking.

Jamie.
27-09-2008, 23:26
Lets just hope Massa goes into the wall IMO.

16v_paddy
27-09-2008, 23:38
Lets just hope Massa goes into the wall IMO.

And that Max Mosely or most of the FIA steps in front of him when he does

Coops
28-09-2008, 00:38
bit of a worry bout the pit entrance and exit in the racing line/apex etc, shud sort it for next year tho hopefully

either way tho its shaping up to be a proper epic venue

Rob72
28-09-2008, 01:50
moto gp already done that.....night racin old news.
racing is the wrong word for f1 really

Purple
28-09-2008, 04:27
bit of a worry bout the pit entrance and exit in the racing line/apex etc, shud sort it for next year tho hopefully
Totally agree on that. Am also hoping they get rid of the turn 7,8 and 9 and let them drive straight on past 7 and make a new left turn at Raffles hotel junction. Effectively making Boulevard and Padang straights even longer and better for overtaking. But I hope they leave the roads bumpy, it's like watching Group-B rallying with onboard cameras. Make them work for their salaries. :-)

Coops
28-09-2008, 09:32
agree, that stupis 3 corner complex is a waste of bloody space and time and they do need more space for an overtake, so revise that area imo

yeah the bumps in the surface are epic, love it, makes it so much more difficult to judge not only braking points but area of the track thats best to brake on, for example, hit the brakes earlier with bumps on the racing line, or risk a late brake slightly off the line and then cut back in, you decide! :lol: think theres gonna be a few overruns today!

Rob, **** off :wink: :lol: moto gp can suck my balls, and i betcha the night course for that didnt have the cityscape and colonial/modern architechtural background lit up like a Singaporean street circuit, now that a proper show :P

Daz.
28-09-2008, 17:24
So glad Alsonso won I've missed him at the front of the pack - I love watching him drive...

I just prey he's in a competetive car next season!

Purple
29-09-2008, 01:43
Rather more exciting than I thought it would be.

IMHO, it was not so much a proper race, but more like a hollywood movie scripted by Bernie. The hero-to-zero ferrari main plot. The hero-to-zero-to-hero Alonso subplot. The downtrodden Williams team turn good on the day. Set in the backdrop of a beautiful yet treacherous racetrack. All we need now is a leading lady. And for the sequel next year, we promise it will rain. Get Sly Stallone on the phone! :)