PDA

View Full Version : gym, food and supplements

lewis_willy2
19-09-2008, 20:47
alrite guys i know its a cs thread but...

i started training at the gym 3 weeks ago ive always been quite strong and of medium build but am now starting to take creatine and protein, in the form of shakes. just wanted peoples opinions as ive got to load up on 4 a day creatine drinks and 2 a day protein, its hassle finding the time. do people not agree, and also trying to consume 3-4 litres of water a day!

am thinking when ive run out of powder to hit tablets, what are the tablets of creatine like?

i plan to get pretty big, not massive but so i feel good with how i look, then im gonna start cutting n get some definition as at the mo i got some podge!!

anyone into their training, whats your plan like and do you find it easy with keeping up supplements food and water? i work shift work so am finding it difficult.

cheers

lewis

FATBOY
19-09-2008, 21:39
bighp (not on here much now) is good for advice on this sort of thing.

Clio_GTT
19-09-2008, 22:02
http://www.creatinestore.co.uk/products/Kre-Alkalyn-EFX.html

Can work out expensive though, if you're struggling with the protein have a look at home made protein bar recipes which use your protein powder aswell as other ingredients like peanut butter. They're actually really nice 8)

talkingfish
23-09-2008, 11:38
should only be consuming large amounts when you are going through the "loading" or "stacking" phase - this should only be for a couple of weeks or so, then it should level off.... protien shakes only needed after training, otherwise you'll turn into a fat bastard... (remember Cartman in Southpark!!) Creatine in large amounts can be harmfull too... PM me if you want more details - I used to be a bodybuilder....

queegan
24-09-2008, 19:59
roids :twisted:

mozzarooni
25-09-2008, 16:18
I used to work out alot, I never took any supplements, Just ate right and cut down on things like lager and junk food, worked very well for me but you have to realise that without supplements you wont get big fast, it takes a long time to get big naturally, If i were you, id stop taking the supplements as they can be dangerous and give you all sorts of hidden medical problems!

Just do it naturally pal, youll feel much better for it and get a sense of achievement, I always used to think id have "cheated" myself if i took anything

Tommo
25-09-2008, 17:42
I've got some stuff called No-Xplode creatine and protein powder I'm going to try out so I'll keep you posted. Haven't been the gym for ages so will take it steady as first, but I took creatine years ago and it's good stuff. I've got the kind of build where I find it difficult to put any weight on, but I saw results in a matter of weeks last time, so I'm hoping No-Xplode is even better as I've heard good things about it....

white16valver
26-09-2008, 17:05
I used to work out alot, I never took any supplements, Just ate right and cut down on things like lager and junk food, worked very well for me but you have to realise that without supplements you wont get big fast, it takes a long time to get big naturally, If i were you, id stop taking the supplements as they can be dangerous and give you all sorts of hidden medical problems!

Just do it naturally pal, youll feel much better for it and get a sense of achievement, I always used to think id have "cheated" myself if i took anything
Is it true to say that the longer it takes to put muscle on the longer it takes to come off again?

This is what I'm praying for as I've taken ages to put even a stone on :oops: lol

mozzarooni
28-09-2008, 20:39

Is it true to say that the longer it takes to put muscle on the longer it takes to come off again?

This is what I'm praying for as I've taken ages to put even a stone

on :oops: lol

In my experience yes mate, The longer you train a muscle the more "muscle memory you build" I trained naturally for quite some time, At the time the 2 mates i trained with took alsorts and yes they did get bigger than me BUT 12 months ago we stopped training, me coz of injury and they just couldnt be arsed anymore and i look loads better than they do now, Their supplemented muscle went to fat very quickly, Im not as toned as i was but i havnt put on any where near as much fat as they have RESULT :lol:

lewis_willy2
28-09-2008, 21:19
^^^

that is what im doing. got rid of the supplements. also taken up squash and badbmington

white16valver
29-09-2008, 14:38
I need to do more cardio to make up for eating more - belt was a bit tight this morning on my usual notch :oops: LoL

Gonna try to push myself more and up the weights I do but reduce the reps - I want to get bigger than I am but my body's resisting as hard as it can! :lol:

talkingfish
29-09-2008, 19:26
^^^

that is what im doing. got rid of the supplements. also taken up squash and badbmington

nice one mate - took heed of the advice then.. :wink: