PDA

View Full Version : stansted airport ?

schakal
31-08-2008, 14:11
have to pick up some visitors from stansted airport
on tuesday in the good old sheet-mobile
anyone picked up passengers from the international terminal recently ?
just wondering how far the short stay car park is from the arrivals etc ?
any more tips etc feel free to add pls :P

stevie_b
31-08-2008, 16:01
Short stay is really close to the airport. There is a drop off/collect car park but it has some really stupid rule along the lines of you can only stay for 15 mins and then after that you get a £50 fine even if you didn't mind paying for another 15 mins! So it's fine for dropping off but rubbish for collecting if you don't know exactly when people will get through immigration, etc. I'd park up on the A120 at a petrol station or something or just lap around the ring road if collecting and get them to call you when they get out - then you can drive straight to the drop off car park and collect them.

schakal
31-08-2008, 17:14
Short stay is really close to the airport. There is a drop off/collect car park but it has some really stupid rule along the lines of you can only stay for 15 mins and then after that you get a £50 fine even if you didn't mind paying for another 15 mins! So it's fine for dropping off but rubbish for collecting if you don't know exactly when people will get through immigration, etc. I'd park up on the A120 at a petrol station or something or just lap around the ring road if collecting and get them to call you when they get out - then you can drive straight to the drop off car park and collect them.

much appreciated mate ,thanks :)

white16valver
02-09-2008, 20:57
Which way are you coming from? If you're going westbound, come off up the slip road and there should be a roundabout at the top with an unfinished road directly opposite, the 'exit' before you go right, over the bridge.

I've parked up there before :)