PDA

View Full Version : induction question

Brealbags
05-08-2008, 20:07
i have the standard airbox fitted to the valver, i think it looks better than a KnN or similar performance filter because it fills the engine bay up nice and i like to keep things standard (non boy racer)

Am i sacrificing any power by doing this? would i benefit form buying a knN?

Also has anybody got a picture or something of how their airbox fits onto the throttle body? mine seems to have something missing as it does not sit flush and there is a big airgap.

katbloke
05-08-2008, 20:19
filter body uses three or four nuts and screws tight upto the throttle body, any gaps will weaken the mixture i make it run wrong i think, also other than scuttle panel induction standard airbox is the way to go due to engine bay temps meaning a performance filter will be sucking in hot air rather than cold

Coops
05-08-2008, 20:33
airbox should have a rubber seal to the inlet to seal it and it should sit straight, check the area on the head behind it to see if your head has been swapped in the past for a renault 19 head as that had temp sensors in it that foul the clio airbox possibly causing ur issues

best setup is the scuttle panel i/k imo but its not cheap to do really, least 100 quid and involves a bit of modification etc to fit

your current airbox with a decent cold air feed and an itg or similar panel filter will be good also

standard fit induction kits are frankly pants, heatsoak like a bastard so imo are a no go for performance, sound good tho :lol:

Rob72
06-08-2008, 19:30
iv,e had a scuttle induction kit but the induction roar got on my tits after the novelty wore off...prefer to hear the exhaust note myself.