PDA

View Full Version : Side exit the skinflint way - opinions pls

u33db
30-07-2008, 11:13
Thinking of changing the exhaust on the RSI i got last month.

Currently its got a 16v backbox on it with a straight through centre section (diesel item for bore??) and i was thinking of going aftermarket.

However, i don't way to pay a couple hundred for a bit of pipe so i had this idea;

- Get a new standard 16v centre section off ebay (say 30quid)
- Use the centre section i have to extend it out to the sill area

Net result i would have a cheap side exit (no knocking - great!)

I'm wondering what would it do to performance though - better than std?

Also how effective is the centre silencer at noise reduction? I want it a bit louder but not deafening!

Bear in mind it'll be decatted too...

Opinions pls!

northy
30-07-2008, 12:37
been done loads of times...2live is your man to speak too!

u33db
30-07-2008, 12:49
Cheers m8

I did do a search regarding performance...there was mention about it loosing power but nothing i found could say for sure if this was really the case.

i'll maybe give him and PM and see his thoughts though :)

McPikie
30-07-2008, 13:04
Shame you're so far, I want a decent system for my RSi.

Its got a full standard system on, brand new too :cry: I hate it, can't hear a thing.

Did you notice any differeence with a de-cat on an RSi??

u33db
30-07-2008, 13:13
Well i've just bought a decat today mate so haven't got it on this car yet.

A while back i had a clio rsi engine put in an R5. It had a GTT system on it (i.e. no cat, centre box - just the backbox) so would be similar to decatting mine....heres a speedo vid;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvraqUzQlao

Nippy enough, despite getting stuck behind some cars and having a blown hg/worn BE so i'm expecting much better from the clio.

BTW i'll have some rsi spares in a month or so if you're interested...probably steering rack, welded column, alterator, alternator brackets?

:)