PDA

View Full Version : Potential Newbie- need help!!!!

mick555
29-07-2008, 11:02
Hey everyone- I am looking at a 1995 Williams 3 at the moment. I always wanted one but had imagined it would possibly be a second car. One I could baby and keep immaculate but I am now looking at this one as a full time runner- is this a bad idea? Are they reliable? - I'm not very mechanical- I just like to keep things clean and check fluids- do you need to be handy to own one of these? I am starting a univeristy course for one year and will be travelling 125 miles there and the car will be sitting up all week and then doing a trip and back (250miles odd) where it will once again sit up possibly for two weeks if I don't head home. Will it rust sitting up like this?

The car I'm looking at (although I haven't seen it in the flesh yet) is supposed to be near mint- 80k miles, with original clutch! and no problems with gearbox/clutch. Only rust on car is on tailgate and all gauges, interior lights etc work.

Sorry for the scrappy post- I'm just trying to get my concerns in writing- looking forward to hearing any advice anyone might have!! thanks!

FATBOY
29-07-2008, 17:56
welcome fella! 80k thats lowish miles! im not very mechanically minded but i cope ok! touch wood shes been ok in the 4 and a half years ive owned her. i always make sure she has a full service every year and always make sure the cam belt is changed at the right time as specified. try this guide

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25276

hope it helps! and you wont regret buying one of these beauties :wink:

Daz.
30-07-2008, 06:23
I've never once had any issues using them as a daily - infact mine prefers running daily to keep everything loose...

Depends on the base on which you start - if you get a good one then you laughing its if you buy a shit one that you start worrying if its gonna give up on you wheile your on your way to work.

mines just hit 94k and is original gearbox, clutch etc..

mick555
01-08-2008, 09:51
Hey lads, cheers for the advice!! Going to see the car over the weekend....have never driven one so looking forward to getting behind the wheel!