PDA

View Full Version : Help/Advice on purchasing a Nissan Skyline GTR....

jamie
15-07-2008, 14:16
Hello Guys,

Ok here is my current situation.

At the moment the Williams is my everyday car and im now looking to get a new car, so the plan is to over time bring the Williams upto showroom condition and use the her as a weekend car to enjoy.

Im in the market for a Nissan Skyline R34 2.6ltr Twin Turbo GTR v-spec, or the same model in R33 form.

I personally prefere the look of the R34 model but thats just me. Now as far as im aware to get a R34 in "NEW" condition ill be looking at £25k ish right?

The ideal car will be in Bayside blus as I feel this colour tends to really brings out the Skylines best bits bodywork wise more so that say the black.

Im no fast and the furious kind of guy in terms of modding but the ideal car could have things like a nice body kit, alloys, exhaust, air filter etc. Stuff that makes the existing car ever better if you know what I mean.

Im a bit of a perfectionist "prime example being the Williams" so the Skyline has to the top model of its series and be ready to go in perfect condition with no more money needed after the purchase apart from the usual servising, mot etc.

As stated I do prefere the R34 model but feel free to show me some options with the R33 as from what I have seen I can pick up a R33 fully loaded with low millage for less than half the money that I would be paying for the R34 model!!!

So help me out here guys im looking to make the purchase within the next 6 months so my research etc starts here.

Let me know anything help/advice wise that I need and what I should be looking for, as well as my options etc...

In advance many thanks to you all for your help and advice, I look forward in hearing what you all come up with :-)

Cheers

Jamie

Coops
15-07-2008, 14:52
erm, dont expect not to pay out anything in maintenance is all i can say, they can be prone to faults, especially if modified

wicked cars tho and i'd have one at a snap, go with the r33 imo, same car underneath to all intents and purposes, just not quite so good looking, but imo the r34 isnt 15k better looking :lol:

wavy
15-07-2008, 16:41
i dont know anything about them but i did read through a thread on cliosport where some 1 said this

r32 is the most raw and hardcore skyline, r33 is fat and the most boring driving experience, r34 is like driving a playstation but most refined, r32 is what i want lol but skyline tax is just tooooo much
bayside blue r34
http://automobile.2405.com/automobile_gallery/Nissan/R34_GTR/6_R34GTR_2405.jpg

martinh
16-07-2008, 21:14
I can highly reccomend visiting www.skylineowners.com I wouldn't bother with the gtr forum as in my opinion they are very stuck up and bitchy but the guys on the skyline owners site are extremely knowledgeable and are keen to share it!

My Uncle had an R33 GTS-T running at 410bhp and 390 ft/lbs and that was unbelievable and all the information that we needed regarding thecar was found on the above mentioned site!

Good luck with your research!

Martin