PDA

View Full Version : Gunnerchip, which Ecu to use?

Paul16v
29-06-2008, 16:27
At the moment I've got a full megane f7r engine in my clio, using the megane head etc, but been converted to use the dizzy and using a standard clio williams ECU. Also has the megane inlet manifold with a throttle body adapter to use the valver ecu, plus has the valver cams fitted to the megane head.

Runs perfectly well with the william 1 ecu but it really needs a higher rev limit as it hits the limiter so easy and it should be fine for 7k seeing as it had a full top to bottom rebuild 5000 miles ago and the meganes rev to 7k anyway.

I was wondering if I can just use a phase 1 valver ecu and have the gunnerchip fitted to this? Or is it better to use the williams ecu. Just seems a shame to butcher the williams ecu if I can just use a valver one as they tend to go for 60 quid ish anyway.

Also I am looking into cams at some point, what can I get away with using the gunnerchip before it would get unbearable with a lumpy tickover?

Cheers guys :)

Martin
29-06-2008, 19:01
You can use a ph1 16v ecu mate....20 quid or so is a good guide price for one....

donsrno1
30-06-2008, 11:01
You can use a ph1 16v ecu mate....20 quid or so is a good guide price for one....

I agree about the price for the ECU, I've seen some go for silly prices recently (£40+) but if you look around you can easily get one for around the £20 mark.

bradharding
01-07-2008, 13:02
I'd just use the williams ecu. If the chip is on a carrier it's a simple out and in jobbie.

teabag
01-07-2008, 13:45
i have a spare 16v ecu you could have for £20

it might need unlocking though

Paul16v
01-07-2008, 13:47
i doubt it will be in a carrier will it? Its a williams 1 ecu with no imobilisor.

if it has a carrier will just use this, dont really wanna pull it out tho to find out lol, so do the williams 1 ecu's usually have the chip in a carrier?