PDA

View Full Version : Hill Power Ignition Kit

Tommo
27-06-2008, 12:40
Bought a Hill Power ignition service kit last week as the leads had seen better days, and changed the oil to Shell Helix Ultra 5w/40, first impressions are good, starts and runs great, whereas before it would sometimes run like sh*t and stall when cold. There's no big improvement in performance but didn't expect this. Oil may be a little thin as it's a bit tappety on start up but gets up to temperature quicker than it did and all temps and pressures seem good.

Anyway got the iginition kit for £115 inc P&P which isn't too bad and includes:
8mm Magnecor ignition leads
Dizzy cap and rotor arm
Bosch spark plugs.

http://www.hillpower.co.uk/

Helix Ultra was £30 inc filter from CES in Chester

Think I will take it down to HP for the fuelling service kit in the next few weeks...

Laine_16v
27-06-2008, 12:46
Nice plug there for hillpower lol

schakal
27-06-2008, 12:52
Bought a Hill Power ignition service kit last week as the leads had seen better days, and changed the oil to Shell Helix Ultra 5w/40, first impressions are good, starts and runs great, whereas before it would sometimes run like sh*t and stall when cold. There's no big improvement in performance but didn't expect this. Oil may be a little thin as it's a bit tappety on start up but gets up to temperature quicker than it did and all temps and pressures seem good.

Dizzy cap and rotor arm
Bosch spark plugs.

Think I will take it down to HP for the fuelling service kit in the next few weeks...

dizzy cap and rotor arm ?? genuine renault items ??
even if they are its way too expensive

Tommo
27-06-2008, 12:55
Nice plug there for hillpower lol

I'm hoping he will give me a discount on the fuelling kit.... :wink:

Tommo
27-06-2008, 14:14
^^Damn edit button... :evil:

Dizzy cap and rotor arm
Bosch spark plugs.

Seems ok, the same parts from K-Tec would be £140+, may have been able to get the bits cheaper had I shoppped around but couldn't be bothered tbh...

dizzy cap and rotor arm ?? genuine renault items ??
even if they are its way too expensive

Seems ok, the same parts from K-Tec would be £140+, may have been able to get the bits cheaper had I shoppped around but couldn't be bothered tbh...

schakal
27-06-2008, 14:58
mate , 8mm leads are available around 35quid through
and extended group buy on this forum .
dizzy cap DUCELLIER £15.99 from ECP (also available in most motor factors )
bosch spark plugs £10 a set from ECP again
rotor arm ,say a fiver tops from halfrauds ,local factors etc .

total comes to less than 70quid , now you paid 115 inc postage
i fail to see this being the bargain of the year

:roll:

Tommo
27-06-2008, 15:18
Where did I state it was a bargain?

schakal
27-06-2008, 16:10
Where did I state it was a bargain?

no you did not i mentioned that ,here is what you said
"Anyway got the iginition kit for £115 inc P&P which isn't too bad"

i am not being funny or trying to say you are PWN3ED etc
but lets face it ,its far from "not too bad"
at the end of the day ,money is yours who gives a shit

Tommo
27-06-2008, 16:44
Well the way you phrased it could be construed as me saying it was a bargain, when "isn't too bad" is mediocre.

Anyway that's your opinion and that's fair enough mate, I'm happy with the kit and I'm sure people on here can make their own minds up

schakal
27-06-2008, 17:34
i am happy with that too ,thanks mate

jay s
27-06-2008, 18:06
reason the hillpower kit cost £110+ is because the price of the stuff supplied is'nt cheap, 8mm magnecor leads are around £60 , bosch super 4 spark plugs: cheapest ive found them are £18, dizzy cap and arm will cost about £25 for the pair from local motor spares shop then delivery on top works out about right imo :D bought the same kit about 3 1/2 years ago and leads are working fine still, but use a cheaper ngk plug now lol :D

drsmith1979
27-06-2008, 22:27
the good thing about buying as a set is you have somewhere to go back to should any of them go wrong etc....

the group buy on leads would a good place to shop though in future as they make a lot of 'leading' manufacturers too and they are a great price.

As long as you are happy thats all that matters 8)