PDA

View Full Version : After a chip remapped for cams

105epwr
03-06-2008, 21:20
as above really,does anyone no of anyone that can supply me one?
ie GUNNER etc?
cheers

MAXIBOY
03-06-2008, 21:25
not for cams as each cars needs setting up individually really

105epwr
03-06-2008, 21:50
not for cams as each cars needs setting up individually really
what you mean it wants to be lived mapped?didnt think you could do that on the oe ecu?if so who will do this?suppose you are looking at 300quid+this way :(

MAXIBOY
03-06-2008, 22:10
yes mate but other wise your paying money for a chip with a raised limiter that will produced zero more power..

i think rs tuning hillpower can re-map your chip but yes about 300 quid but the others just aren't worth it...in my opinion...

105epwr
03-06-2008, 22:41
Well i run bike carbs now with all the OE loom plugged in apart from the injector,but prima told me with this conv my chip(ecu)wont funtion (which it didnt as i had no limiter)but when you unplugg the chip it wont start? ****ed up it may sound i think the chip is only half working?
the chip came from ebay and the bloke said he can adj accordingly for cams weather thats bollocks hence only 165bhp????but my std valver has the same chip but obv for a std car BUT its not shy of my williams with regard to speed!
so basically is it worth spending 300quid on a proper remap or on the other hand is this going to work on this carb conversion??
would be nice to borrow somones proper remapped ecu set for cams maybe?

MAXIBOY
03-06-2008, 22:47
i would bite the bullet and get an ignition only ecu set up....

anything will cause you trouble..in my opinion.. :(

best getting it right first time otherwise you spend more time fixing/tinkering than driving....

:( been there done that...

105epwr
03-06-2008, 22:55
think you are right-even so i mentioned this to prima aswell and he said the std oe is plenty ie i wouldnt need a ign only...not overly impressed with prima tho
thing im worried about is spending another 400+ quid and getting no more bhp?i think turbo power all the way-so tempted to sell up and back to rotten old fords..a nice stg 3 cossie!

MAXIBOY
03-06-2008, 23:01
turbo the clio mate...

unless the engine's shagged i would think you would see around the 190bhp/200bhp mark depending on cam profiles and head work...

but at least 180bhp which is nice in a clio.

JonnyK
04-06-2008, 04:35
I dunno if it helps but I have a smt6 Piggyback ECU, that is remapped for cams and headwork.. if you fitted that you could use my mapping as a kinda "base map" then pay andy at GDI around £100 (if i remember correctly) for a remap?

105epwr
04-06-2008, 19:45
I dunno if it helps but I have a smt6 Piggyback ECU, that is remapped for cams and headwork.. if you fitted that you could use my mapping as a kinda "base map" then pay andy at GDI around £100 (if i remember correctly) for a remap?
hi have you got the chip which is a plug in type?(in to the ecu) would you want to sel it?how much?cheers

JonnyK
04-06-2008, 23:15
http://www.perfectpower.com/products/smt6.asp

that is what i have, there are 5 (i think) wires that get spliced into the original loom, right near the ECU, looks quite simple, but as far as I am aware I dont know anyone else who maps it apart from Andy @ GDI,

i would sell it for 150.. pm me

teabag
05-06-2008, 20:06
how much was SMT6 new? and is it easy to use?

105epwr
05-06-2008, 22:00
pmd mate,Gdi is 20 mins away so thats all good :D

rs27carrera
06-06-2008, 00:19
Can you rise rev limiter with SMT6?

How about free modification of fuel and ignition maps. If all that can be done, SMT6 sounds like perfect product :wink:

J o n
06-06-2008, 12:53

Just be careful you dont end up at the ranch down the road. Keep a lookout for a chinese kid in a cowboy hat.

105epwr
06-06-2008, 20:16

Just be careful you dont end up at the ranch down the road. Keep a lookout for a chinese kid in a cowboy hat.
im sure ive just past the little bastard!