PDA

View Full Version : F1 today

Mark_Ritchspeed
19-06-2005, 22:54
Dont know who actually watches it these days apart from me, but what a complete and utter ****ing shambles. :evil:

FIA =
****ING
INCOMPETENT
ASSHOLES

2 live
19-06-2005, 23:14
saw a bit of it..said summat bout the michelin teams pulling out or summat, n a few quick interviews with the spectators......they didnt sound happy......what happened?

katbloke
19-06-2005, 23:36
i watched it today as i always do and have done for some years and,
for me the worst thing they ever did was let itv show it, that bloke that commentates and walks the grid should be sacked imo DC this DC that i hate Ferrari is all you hear, today was Michelin and the FIAs fault not ferrari as he stated on several occasions, lets put the shoe on the other foot if it had been Bridgestone that said they would not let their tyre clad teams race the aforementioned commenator would just say grow up Ferrari.

Yes im a ferrai fan have been for years yes i drive a Williams too, a sad day and a good day for me. But get rid of that tw*t that commentates can remember his name DCs manager or something.

Just my opinion.

KingStromba
19-06-2005, 23:46
Its not Michelins fault.

They brought the wrong tyre. Mistakes happen. At any other track if they brought the wrong tyre, they would just be slow. But on the banking the wrong tyre at Indy causes catastrophic failures.There is no way Michelin could have known their tyres were not up to the job. Remeber bridgstone race on this track in Indy cars so they have more knowledge than michelin.

The blame lies with the FIA for making such a bollocks set of rules. Drivers said from the start that one tyre per weekend would result in failures.

We are talking about human lives here. If the tyres are found to be unsuitable, the teams had no choice but to withdraw.

I think the chicnce should have been introduced as requested, and all the bridgestone drivers moved to the front of the grid.

Mark_Ritchspeed
20-06-2005, 01:27
Yep, both manufacturers have suffered more than their fair share of tyre failures this year.

How they expect to get tyres to last a whole weekend which boils down to something like 4-5 hours of use is beyond me. Even endurance racing cars pit and change tyres every 1-2 hours.

Bring back tyre changes FFS. Stopping in the pits for fuel alone is a bloody joke.

Michelin werent entirely blameless in this fiasco but it was really up to the FIA to find a solution to avoid this situation. As I understand it all the Micheln runners were prepared to lose their places on the grid to the Bridgestone cars if they would have put a small chicane in. How hard could that possibly have been? 1-2 hours at most (to assemble it) and give the drivers a few warm up laps to get used to it.

It looks as though the FIA basically said its not their fault so they shouldnt have to come up with any solutions.

They really are mindless ****ing babboons IMO.

KingStromba
20-06-2005, 10:22
But lets face it, this isnt about safety or a tyre problem. Its about Ecclestone political agenda. Him and Moseley are ruining the sport.

Get Jackie Stewart in Charge
Fire Charlie Whiting
Fire Max Moseley
Fire Bernie Ecclestone

Swervin_Mervin
20-06-2005, 11:13
But Jackie Stewart's a nob as well.

And Michelin could have done a lot more. Why the fvck didn't they have at least one technical person out there at the circuit before the teams? They'd have known straight off about the cut surface. Seems logical to me to send out a technical team to a resurfaced track.

But the FIA are also to blame for not making a firm decision the night before.

Purple
20-06-2005, 12:07
If FIA were to run football leagues:-
1) They would make it a non-contact sport.
2) Put lead weights in football to slow game down. But advising players not to head the ball as a precaution.
3) No studs on shoes but put in slippery soles to slow players from turning too fast.
4) Mandatory shin guards up to the ass.
5) Have bias towards Italian teams wearing red.
6) Less practise days to cut down team budget cost.
7) And latest addition - Minimum number of players to start a game is 3-a-side.

Kelly
20-06-2005, 12:18
I hate Burney Ecclestone. I blame him.

KingStromba
20-06-2005, 12:49
But Jackie Stewart's a nob as well.

And Michelin could have done a lot more. Why the fvck didn't they have at least one technical person out there at the circuit before the teams? They'd have known straight off about the cut surface. Seems logical to me to send out a technical team to a resurfaced track.

But the FIA are also to blame for not making a firm decision the night before.

Thing is Bridstone had a similar problem in Brazil 2 years ago. They 'failed' to take a rain tyre to cope with the rain forecast (everyone knows its monsoon season so if you say michelin had no excuse, bridgestone didnt either).

The result was that the FIA deemed the track too dangerous for the bridgestone cars. The race was started behind the safety car until the track had dried enough for the bridgestone cars to safely race.

The reason the FIA / Stewards bent the rules for bridgestone, but wouldnt for michelin? Well ferrari doesnt run on michelin do they?

Swervin_Mervin
20-06-2005, 13:30
I don't disagree with the Ferrari thing. The cynic in me says that they made their views clear to the FIA before the FIA made their "decision."

Jamie.
20-06-2005, 13:34
i dont understand why the FIA didnt put a chicane in? surley that would have made sense, but they seemed like they wanted an excuse to **** michelan and piss ALOTA people off.
feel sorry for Kimi as he has lost alot of valuable ground!

u33db
20-06-2005, 14:34
It was a shambles but TBH if i was the FIA i wouldn't have budged either - lets face it, michelin cocked up and their teams had to pay the price...in the same way any other team would if their car wasn't up to the job due to a specific part.

Its annoying...all i seem to hear is these days are teams moaning about rule this, FIA bringing sport down that etc etc but its just sour grapes IMO. Lets face it, they're nearly all out to get Ferrari because they're the best and have been for ages...it's like a bunch of dumb-asses jealous of a smart kid at school - they can't hack it so feel the need to hide behind regulations and gang mentality...pathetic.

Slithers
20-06-2005, 14:37
Time for a breakaway series i think!!!!

u33db
20-06-2005, 14:38
i watched it today as i always do and have done for some years and,
for me the worst thing they ever did was let itv show it, that bloke that commentates and walks the grid should be sacked imo DC this DC that i hate Ferrari is all you hear, today was Michelin and the FIAs fault not ferrari as he stated on several occasions, lets put the shoe on the other foot if it had been Bridgestone that said they would not let their tyre clad teams race the aforementioned commenator would just say grow up Ferrari.

Yes im a ferrai fan have been for years yes i drive a Williams too, a sad day and a good day for me. But get rid of that tw*t that commentates can remember his name DCs manager or something.

Just my opinion.

Martin Brundle was it? Yep, he's gone seriously down in my estimation after some of his comments yesterday and as for David 'lets get the cordless drill out and screw a chicane together' Coultard...what a cock - rules are rules m8 - get some decent tyres next time.

katbloke
20-06-2005, 19:09
I second the opinion of a breakaway league off all ferraris all drivers from current f1 teams welcome, no bullshit just identical cars leaving skills to the drivers and pit crews and many more incidents like indy i can see this happening or something like it.