PDA

View Full Version : LSD diff from 5gt to willy

birgiro
31-05-2008, 12:53
I was thinking.
Does LSD diff for renult 5 turbo fit for the williams gearbox.
the gearboxes are so lot alike and the diff for the 5 is so much cheaper.

se the diff for the 5gt here
http://www.flatlander-ipp.co.uk/phantomgrip/phantomgrip-renault.shtml

cliorod
31-05-2008, 17:17
It will only fit a JB designated box ~ I have fitted one in a JB5 from my 5GT Turbo (JB3). :lol:
But the Wiliams is JC 5 and has different bearings,not sure which way round it is :oops: ,but one has a tapered bearing,the other is parallel.

MAXIBOY
31-05-2008, 17:58
yeah thats not a proper lsd though its a bolt on addition..

think only gripper and quailfe makes proper lsd's for clio's..

birgiro
01-06-2008, 14:52
ok, who sell the other makes , are thay on much higer price. I dont have willy gearbox in my car now. I have gearbox from a 1.6 laguna. (Just while I find another 2.0 gearbox)

what gearbox is the best for fitting A 5gt lsd. the price of this 5gt lsd is 185 pounds but I found Lsd for willy that cost 1500 euros. so much higer price.

what is the code for the laguna gearbox?

I will fit a turbo on the car soon, just wating for my turbo head gasket

thanks

Justin..
01-06-2008, 15:06
It will only fit a JB designated box ~ I have fitted one in a JB5 from my 5GT Turbo (JB3). :lol:
But the Wiliams is JC 5 and has different bearings,not sure which way round it is :oops: ,but one has a tapered bearing,the other is parallel.

what car is the JB5 from? i was told a while back they dont fit the F7P/R :?

cliorod
01-06-2008, 17:53
It was from my Renault 5 GT Turbo Rally Car :cry: :cry: ,and has been running in my mates :lol: :wink: :lol: Williams Rally car with an Avanti CR gear cluster for the best part of 3 years !!!.That is with a ZF style plated diff :roll:

Evogone
03-06-2008, 12:44
It was from my Renault 5 GT Turbo Rally Car :cry: :cry: ,and has been running in my mates :lol: :wink: :lol: Williams Rally car with an Avanti CR gear cluster for the best part of 3 years !!!.That is with a ZF style plated diff :roll:

If only it was a willy box i would be throwing money at you.!! :wink:

bbaazz-08
16-12-2008, 00:46
so deos this bolt on addition fit a valver box?