PDA

View Full Version : THROTTLE BODIES length of TRUMPETS

evouk
27-05-2008, 21:10
Ok,

This may start a big thread but what do the length of trumpets do to the power and torque of a throttle bodies clio?

Is there a set rule?

MAXIBOY
27-05-2008, 22:08
as far as i'm aware loads...

but not a set rule as they really only work at a certain length with certain other products.
so unless selling a package i think testing is the only way forward..

but increase in length effects where power and torque are made in the rev range...

evouk
27-05-2008, 22:09
i see.............interesting...................

:)

this could get complicated :)

MAXIBOY
27-05-2008, 22:10
yeah as the intake length before and after the throttle bodies also has an effect as does trumpets styles also..

thanasis16v
28-05-2008, 01:30
as much the lenght increase you gain torgue and power at mid revs.with short trumpets you gain at the high revs :D i hope you understand me :D

stan
28-05-2008, 08:26
your intake length should be around 320mm.
I think your clutching at straws if this is trying to find your lost power?? Those bodies/trumpets made 200bhp on Dans engine with just cams.

stan
28-05-2008, 08:27
i mean...iirc i think YOUR intake length is around 320mm...which is pretty ideal for a good torque spread.

evouk
28-05-2008, 09:12
I need power and torque to start strong from 4000 onwards to 7k rpm ideally on track.

stan
28-05-2008, 17:13
the leghth you have is fine mate.

Cam spec and timing is going to have a much greater impact on your torque curve.

If yours were stupidily i'd say fair enough try it...but they arent....and seen as they arent overly long, again, the issue isnt there.

As ive said, Dans made 200bhp with the same inlet system.

Did your friend match the inlet manifold to the head??
As its typical to get a lovely 5mm step at the floor of the port:maniofld joint with a Chadil manifold!

Evogone
28-05-2008, 17:28
the leghth you have is fine mate.

Cam spec and timing is going to have a much greater impact on your torque curve.

If yours were stupidily i'd say fair enough try it...but they arent....and seen as they arent overly long, again, the issue isnt there.

As ive said, Dans made 200bhp with the same inlet system.

Did your friend match the inlet manifold to the head??
As its typical to get a lovely 5mm step at the floor of the port:maniofld joint with a Chadil manifold!

Would have to agree is most probably cam timing / mapping / injector related.

If it made similar power with std induction then it more likely to be mapping / manifold /injector related as these are the only things that have changed really and the ITB's are proven.

What does it drive like ? smooth ? whats the rev range vs the cam spec?

Get the cam timing checked first.

stan
28-05-2008, 18:15
Personally I would take it for another run on a different set of rollers before condeming anything.

105epwr
28-05-2008, 18:48
What power and torque did it make on the rollers?i had shit power and ive just adjusted the cam timing and im getting the trade plate from work tomorrow and going to give her a spin so lets hope its got sum more bhp
will let you no if its special or not!!!