PDA

View Full Version : Power figures

wazza16v
19-05-2008, 13:11
Hello everyone, im looking at fitting my williams engine in around 6 weeks time and i was going to ask roughly what power figures im looking at getting. the engine has got as follows as quoted by Prima racing.

Piper 270 cams with hydrolic lifters
Kent Pullys (not chocolate ones )
Big valve head (33mm valves polished and ported)
Mapped so suit modifications.

I havent had a chance of looking at the bottom end so i presume that there standard internals. Im quessing say 175-180bhp? using a standard airbox and magnex 2.5 stainless cat back system.

Cheers

samboRT
19-05-2008, 13:32
Mine made 160 (159.6hp) on the RStuning rollers.

That is a healthy running williams engine with piper 270's and veniers. No headwork (AFAIK).

Runmning with a cat on and a ghey big induction kit :(

I think you will be looking at around the 165-170 mark if it is a strong well looked after engine.

wazza16v
19-05-2008, 13:54
Well as long as the engine runs above 150 bhp i will be happy, well the best thing for me to do is get it on the rollers. Were are RS Tuning based?

samboRT
19-05-2008, 14:17
A long way from you.

Leeds.

LOL

jay s
19-05-2008, 14:18
you know what my view is on it mate, IF the eng starts and runs then id say around 170-180bhp if your lucky. but i somehow think a few of them horses would of escaped over the years :wink: sambo makes a very valid point in his last paragraph : if it is a strong well looked after engine :wink:

wazza16v
19-05-2008, 17:04
you know what my view is on it mate, IF the eng starts and runs then id say around 170-180bhp if your lucky. but i somehow think a few of them horses would of escaped over the years :wink: sambo makes a very valid point in his last paragraph : if it is a strong well looked after engine :wink:

Ive been looking after it, i put a warm blanket over it :oops:

seanofnp
19-05-2008, 19:23
It depends how good the engine is as a base i think, look at mine and bish's engines. Relatively standard engines both producing over 170bhp.

Get the work done, get it on the rollers, only way to tell. Speculating will not help anything.

samboRT
19-05-2008, 20:43
I cant see relatively standard engines making over 170bhp.

J o n
19-05-2008, 20:54
I cant see relatively standard engines making over 170bhp.

depends where you go lol. On it's somehow managed to make 240/193 at a local RR... impressive considering the cams could only make around 180 on that engine :lol:

wazza16v
20-05-2008, 07:37
well i think i will stick with the same rolling road i went to back in march (surrey rolling road), i took the valver there and he said the engine was strong but didnt have the B******S.

But all rolling roads vary, i took my old valver to bb tuning and it made 149.2 bhp with induction kit and stainless exhaust with 106 bhp at the wheels :?

It would be good if we all went to the same rolling road to get realistic figures as some seem to vary :wink:

In regards to the engine i have got, its been sitting for a while so i need to make sure that everything is replace and tripple checked. I will post some photos of my progress soon one i get a spair moment.

samboRT
20-05-2008, 10:06
Its all down to where is RR'd... now I wouldnt take my car to get RR'd anywhere else other than RSTuning. I think the figures are pretty pointless anyway but if you go on a group day with lots of other valvers/hybrids there its good to see what they make vs yours and compare modifications.

Mine made 159.6... if i took is somewhere else it would probably make 140bhp or 190bhp.

LOL!

richy
20-05-2008, 12:52
Its all down to where is RR'd... now I wouldnt take my car to get RR'd anywhere else other than RSTuning. I think the figures are pretty pointless anyway but if you go on a group day with lots of other valvers/hybrids there its good to see what they make vs yours and compare modifications.

Mine made 159.6... if i took is somewhere else it would probably make 140bhp or 190bhp.

LOL!

very true lol, im planning to take my hybrid there and my mate is taking his meggy F7R so we can compare roughly, wanted to take it sat but no tax/mot etc!

Coops
20-05-2008, 13:13
none are perfect tho, still questioning gaz's figure on that rr, his cant of been right, altho all the rest seemed on the money bar rich, how quick did has car feel richy? 170bhp quick or quicker :?:

samboRT
20-05-2008, 13:34
I was happy with my figure and is about right for the modifications. Those who say they get 170bhp from next to no major mods cannot be true, I agree the RR may state it, and thats the figure they were told but the reality will only be slightly above stock power, if that.

Strong engine or not, there is not 20-30bhp difference.

richy
20-05-2008, 13:37
none are perfect tho, still questioning gaz's figure on that rr, his cant of been right, altho all the rest seemed on the money bar rich, how quick did has car feel richy? 170bhp quick or quicker :?:

tbh mate he didnt really give it the beans, only one quick blurt that i remember and it felt reasonably nippy but again he didnt really give it the beans! so hard to comment properly!

Coops
20-05-2008, 13:52
he drove all the way from doncaster to leeds, with a mate in the car, to a rolling road day, and didnt give it any beans? whats wrong with the lad :? :lol:

richy
20-05-2008, 13:56
he drove all the way from doncaster to leeds, with a mate in the car, to a rolling road day, and didnt give it any beans? whats wrong with the lad :? :lol:

only time i remember was when a chavved up astra coupe overtook us(we went past it first and laughed) so a quick blurt and easy caught it, other then that, thats it lol

not everyone drives like a loon coops :wink:

samboRT
20-05-2008, 13:59
were you at that RSTuning meet richy?

richy
20-05-2008, 14:02
yeah i went with rich in the seat cupra ibiza

only recently got my 16v back from remap and lost my job so couldnt afford tax/mot etc lol

we had to leave early to borrow rich's dad's van to get my tool box!

samboRT
20-05-2008, 14:03
oooh was that you! with the tall guy??

richy
20-05-2008, 14:05
yeah were both tall tbh lol, but i was passenger with him!

samboRT
20-05-2008, 14:07
He is bigger than tall.

:D

richy
20-05-2008, 14:09
He is bigger than tall.

:D

LOL

samboRT
20-05-2008, 14:26
The type of guy who has to have clothes custom made.

My friends dad is like that, they dont make shoes big enough for his feet so he gets them specially made.

Wish i was tall.

Anyway,

Power Figures

LOL!

Martin
22-05-2008, 18:34
I was happy with my figure and is about right for the modifications. Those who say they get 170bhp from next to no major mods cannot be true, I agree the RR may state it, and thats the figure they were told but the reality will only be slightly above stock power, if that.

Strong engine or not, there is not 20-30bhp difference.

My old hybrid, northy's williams and andyp's old hybrid all made 140 bhp or more at the wheel with no internal mods

samboRT
22-05-2008, 19:03
I know some may state it but surely it cant be possible...

I dont know how a car coming from factory which is say 10+ years old will make more than standard power? :?

Unless standard power is wrong, book figures are off?

Lunner
22-05-2008, 19:17
Alot depends on how the engine was run in, always get fast ones and slow ones, also depends on how its been treated over the years, rebuilt or not etc

Martin
22-05-2008, 21:08
I know some may state it but surely it cant be possible...

I dont know how a car coming from factory which is say 10+ years old will make more than standard power? :?

Unless standard power is wrong, book figures are off?

I said no internal mods not no mods..... :wink: good manifold, exhaust with de-cat and chip can work wonders....I think it's well known that a well cared for willy/hybrid will make 160 bhp or more with just breathing mods....

donsrno1
22-05-2008, 22:51
As martin said it is possible with these engines and it seems to have happened on numerous occasions that a relatively standard engine makes very good power. I know where you are coming from though, as had it not occurred so many times with various cars I would be calling bullshit as well.

My engine, which as far as I know is totally standard internally, made 171bhp on a Cliosport RR day and was pretty much making the same figures as all the 172s that were there. Mine has been on three rolling roads now and made just over 170bhp on all of them.

FATBOY
22-05-2008, 23:08
what figures we talking here? ATF or ATW???? my willy 3 produced 166 ATF and 133 ATW @ bb and that was just with a straight thru devil system and magnex decat (now changed to a brand new devil system and devil de cat) and ITG filter. that was the only mods i had.