PDA

View Full Version : piper cams question

105epwr
16-04-2008, 18:56
Had a chat with prima today-basically he dont rate piper cams,i run bp270s(piper)
i sure hill power said pipercams are the bees knees-these tuning companys get on my tits you have one saying one thing and the other saying another it was the same when i was in the ford seen
its either that or they keep everthing top secret and wont tell you cam timing or c/r or g/box specs etc.
anyone else run bp270s?what do they think and what power you getting?
cheers

MAXIBOY
16-04-2008, 19:07
pipers are fine but there are better designs/grinds available from cat cams as there ground from blanks

cliorod
16-04-2008, 19:12
tuning companys get on my tits you have one saying one thing and the other saying another

It is usually a case that they may be selling a different cam manufacturers products : :shock: :shock: If I remember "Prima" were / are agents for Kent cams :oops: :roll: ,and no matter what people think about Kent,Prima are hardly going to recommend Piper,Catcams or whatever if it is going to affect there Kent cam sales :wink: :shock: .Even though I will bet there is little difference between any of the major manufacturers.

MAXIBOY
16-04-2008, 19:16
nothing wrong with kents pipers etc except there reground cams at the lower range not ground from blacks which limits there options.

105epwr
16-04-2008, 21:17
Its not just the cams that companys disagree with each other its a host of others things ie jamsport would not tell me what g/box to use for my rs turbo all he told me is that it took him 15yrs to work the g/box spec out!! wtf? found out its just a 1992 casing using bigger 1b5 bearings
+ spent 900quid at prima after that they didnt want to no when asking a question on setting my clio up on the rollers

stan
16-04-2008, 22:04
Unfortunately its often the case when places are simply chasing £££.