PDA

View Full Version : FAO Strombinator / big hp etc...

u33db
16-06-2005, 11:15
Folks, i'm going to be putting in an order for some suppliments this week, of which will include a weight gainer. I've been using Prolabs N-large stuff for the last week but creatinestore is doing stuff called 'Dorian Yates Pro Mass' - has anyone used/heard reports or this before?

As far as i can tell, i'm getting a better deal with it - it does 400kcals in 100g wheras the the prolab gear takes 150grams to do 600kcals so and has more fat in it. Prolab does 18 servings from 2.7kg for 32.99 wheras the dorian yates stuff (i think) does 25 from 2.5kg for 29.99 - is this true/am i missing something/is it another company playing on a known name? Alternatively is there something better still that i can use?

http://www.creatinestore.co.uk/

Also, i've read that Testosterone boosters can have a good effect for building muscle - any recommendations or thoughts on wether this is a good idea?

Ta!

Swervin_Mervin
16-06-2005, 11:29
No.

That stuff is for gayers who want to pull ass at the local gym. :wink:

Real men would bench press their car. Or something. :P

u33db
16-06-2005, 11:31
Na-na - motorbike surely...A.K.A Buzzsaw style in the Running Man? :)

J o n
16-06-2005, 11:52
that creatine stuff is bollocks, my mate was on that for a year or so and it did **** all but make him put on weight... not natural weight tho, iirc it just adds a shit load of water in your muscles and in thoery allows you to train for longer... it never made him stronger tho and he lost a load of tone. Worst is when he came off it tho. I'd imagine with weight training their is no shortcuts that are worth taking, as all of them seem to have a big downside.

KingStromba
16-06-2005, 12:39
Folks, i'm going to be putting in an order for some suppliments this week, of which will include a weight gainer. I've been using Prolabs N-large stuff for the last week but creatinestore is doing stuff called 'Dorian Yates Pro Mass' - has anyone used/heard reports or this before?

**** off weight gainer. It just cheap protein and sugar. Get yourself some meal replacement powders. Holland and barrett do 20 for 16 quid at the moment. The protein is higher quality and they contain minerals and vitamins. Also ensures you get meals every two hours, as its easy to sling a couple of sachets in your bag if you go somewhere.

As far as i can tell, i'm getting a better deal with it - it does 400kcals in 100g wheras the the prolab gear takes 150grams to do 600kcals so and has more fat in it. Prolab does 18 servings from 2.7kg for 32.99 wheras the dorian yates stuff (i think) does 25 from 2.5kg for 29.99 - is this true/am i missing something/is it another company playing on a known name? Alternatively is there something better still that i can use?

For calories drink whole milk and eat whole eggs (scrammbled or whatever). Red meat and lots of carbs.

http://www.creatinestore.co.uk/

Also, i've read that Testosterone boosters can have a good effect for building muscle - any recommendations or thoughts on wether this is a good idea?

Testosterone boosters are a waste of cash. Just get creatine.

Ta!

KingStromba
16-06-2005, 12:44
that creatine stuff is bollocks, my mate was on that for a year or so and it did f*ck all but make him put on weight... not natural weight tho, iirc it just adds a shit load of water in your muscles and in thoery allows you to train for longer... it never made him stronger tho and he lost a load of tone. Worst is when he came off it tho. I'd imagine with weight training their is no shortcuts that are worth taking, as all of them seem to have a big downside.

Have a search on medline. Paul Greenhalf at Nottingham university was the research scientist that showed its ergogenic effects. Side effects are virtually non existant if you follow the instructions and it has been shown time and again to improve stamina and limit strength in peer reviewed papers. Sure maybe not for your fat mate, who chugged it down with a burger and fries, but it works for elite athletes and serious trainers.

As for how it works, it doesnt store water in your muscles. It increases the concentration of phosphocreatine. This allows the muscle to better buffer the build up of ADP that occures as a result of intense exercise. For a review of buffer systems and the ADP to ATP cycle in muscle i suggest any decent medical text book.

Interestingly enough a very useful and not often used ergogenic aid with similar properties is baking soda.

big hp
16-06-2005, 13:05
I don't need to reply Stromba's done it all :P

Creatine used properly is fantastic. Is best mixed with glutamine and a simple carb drink to get the most out of it. Most people expect to drink a protein shake, neck some creatine and expect massive gains.

WANT IT, EARN IT! Simple really.

Sitting on your arse eating burgers coz you think there meat is not going to get you results.

J o n
16-06-2005, 13:14
sitting on your arse and watching TV is where it's at...

big hp
16-06-2005, 13:42
I feel crap if I don't exercise.

lagerlout1
16-06-2005, 15:09
if I exercise I feel crap

Same here.

big hp
16-06-2005, 15:36
I get my exercise with Stromba

:shock:

scotte666
16-06-2005, 15:51
stromba are them meal replacements any good?might give them a go is there a certain limit on how much u should use? should i just replace luch say with this and then eat dinner as normal?

KingStromba
16-06-2005, 15:52
I just use them when im too lazy to cook, or havnt got time (ie at work)

scotte666
16-06-2005, 15:53
do they fill u up like a meal would?i might start using them at work as i cant be bothered to make luch everyday.

big hp
16-06-2005, 16:30
Meal replacements do exactly what they say on the packet.

Most meal replacements will leave you with a fuller feeling. There is no substitute for eating though. Get yourself down the supermarket when they have there deals on multi tins of tuna etc. I love eating a tin of tuna dry :D

Martin
16-06-2005, 19:40
I just use them when im too lazy to cook, or havnt got time (ie at work)

PMSL! too busy spamming on here to eat... :shock: :wink:

KingStromba
16-06-2005, 19:55
I bring informed and educational replies to all posts :shock:

Karen
16-06-2005, 20:10
I feel crap if I don't exercise.

and me, I like the high it gives.

big hp
16-06-2005, 20:45
I like the high and the pump you get (if you train hard and heavy).

Bit like sex really :lol:

Karen
16-06-2005, 22:56

I do it hard and heavy :D

MrAtego
16-06-2005, 23:06
:shock: :wink:

big hp
16-06-2005, 23:27

I do it hard and heavy, wanna come and show me how you do it big hp? :D

Urmmmm OK then...... :wink:

Karen
17-06-2005, 00:51
I could do with a new training partner for the weeknights, my ex only does weekends :P

lagerlout1
17-06-2005, 01:08

lol.

A good friend of mine takes ll these supplements and stuff and hisshit smells like death. Is that a common side effect?

KingStromba
17-06-2005, 01:19

lol.

A good friend of mine takes ll these supplements and stuff and hisshit smells like death. Is that a common side effect?

Its not a healthy occupation going round smelling peoples shits man. :shock:

big hp
17-06-2005, 07:46

lol.

You sniff his shit? Man you have issues :shock:

eternalife
15-08-2008, 03:19
^^^^ :shock: :lol: pure weirdness!

Allan
15-08-2008, 20:24
what the shit sniffing or the fact you are reading old stromba posts about sniffing shit :D