PDA

View Full Version : Inlet manifold

evouk
05-04-2008, 14:43
Morning,

I am hoping you can help.

my track car has recently been updated with a 2.0l williams bottom end and a megane head. I am about to fit throttle bodies to it which are made by jenvey. The inlet manifold i just bought from jenvey will not allow me to fit the bodies as the bodies are similar to the twin dcoe design and the new jenvey manifold requires individual bodies being fitted to it,

I have been told to search for suitable twin dcoe inlet manifold for a renault megane 2.0 petrol engine, this way i can use this manifold to hook up with the jenvey bodies.

Is there anything anyone can sudgest or point me to places that sell a megane inlet manifold built to suit twin webbers for example?

Thanks

Have tried all the usual suspects and even CHADIL in Belgium. They have one but can anyone speak French as not getting to far with the guy on the end of the phone or email...They charge £250??????????http://www.chadil.be/

Andy P
05-04-2008, 14:59
Thats making hard work for yourself. :lol:

How come you didnt go for ITB's? I thought that was one of the reasons why people chose the megane head (along with bigger valves)

There was a chap on ebay selling some a while ago

DaveH
05-04-2008, 17:06
Stan may point you in the right direction as i was asking a similar question the other day. I think theyare still available. Just out of curiosity how come you ditched the williams head for a magane one if you are running DCOE style bodies as they can be fitted to the willy head? Only ask because im thinking of doing the same so i could have the option of fitting DCOE or itb's and im weighing up the pro's and con's.

stan
06-04-2008, 19:06
he had a williams head int he first place...

As i said last week mate, Chadil are the only option.

evouk
06-04-2008, 19:38
Apparently the megane head is better for when you fit throttle bodies. So ive been told...........

I am fitting jenvey throttle bodies, to complement my engine set up. Should work quite well i hope, only worry is more induction noise.

The jenveys arrived as two pairs of bodies not individual ones and jenvey only make a megane inlet that suits SF single bodies....

Just my luck

Have sourced an inlet from Belgium I hOPE!!!!

eternalife
06-04-2008, 19:48
Evouk - PM MickPM, his on this forum. I am certain he can help.

eggsbenedict
07-04-2008, 14:47
Have you tried Bogg Bros? They make inlet manifolds to your own design. They make alot of manifolds for people using bike carbs and Tb's. They do a cracking job as well, and are priced around £200 i believe. might be worth a try.

Chris.

MAXIBOY
07-04-2008, 20:21
not if you have seen them...

evouk
07-04-2008, 20:27
UPDATE

CHADIL in BELGIUM have come up trumps, if it arrives that is!!!!

Hope it gets here quick i want to get the car done for some track slag action

northy
07-04-2008, 20:31
if u give me the dimensions of what u want i will design some on cad and get a alloy prototype manafacted

stan
07-04-2008, 20:42
Chadil are usually ok....its just when "they" have all the holidays, ****s things right up for getting parts etc!

evouk
08-04-2008, 15:45
You can do stuff like that NORTHY??? wish i would have known you could have made up an adapter plate for the jenvey one.....

Thanks anyway

northy
08-04-2008, 19:45
You can do stuff like that NORTHY??? wish i would have known you could have made up an adapter plate for the jenvey one.....

Thanks anyway

im a designer mate - anything 3d i can do. Solidworks has just released flow anaylsis so im dying to try it out, and i can get a prototype manifold grown in ally too!

evouk
11-04-2008, 11:54
Chadil have supplied the goods..............

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/cashy/chadilinletmanifold.jpg

evouk
14-04-2008, 20:23
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/cashy/april08ITBfitting7.jpg