PDA

View Full Version : Lewis: P1

Wobba
15-03-2008, 19:37
Oooh yea! Hope it's as exciting as last year!

Lunner
15-03-2008, 19:46
Should be, especially without traction control etc

1995clio16v
15-03-2008, 20:33
1 fact of life that no one can dispute:-

F1 IS SHITE

Lunner
15-03-2008, 20:50
**** you

:wink:

1995clio16v
15-03-2008, 20:56
Haha! :P

Man, F1 is pooh! IMO!

Has no one watched that A1? Its immense!

Did anyone see it the other week when they were all queueing up going round that corner? Some nutters were driving the other way and doing donughts, smashing into each other? It was like a saturday afternoon on tesco car park!

Much more fun!! :P

Lunner
15-03-2008, 21:10
I can't justify paying the extra for sky sports just for the A1 GP

1995clio16v
15-03-2008, 21:17
Me neither.

Think I saw it on sky sports news.

I used to pay £35 a month for sky but cant justify it now im getting older and more wise to keeping hold of my money!

:lol:

Daz.
15-03-2008, 21:18
Best thing about Sundays is back :D Until Top Gears back that is...

I love a good rally but I really enjoy F! - I know some may find it boring but I love the whole package you get, I enjoy reading which teams improved who's doing what, I just love it!

Lunner
15-03-2008, 21:19
F1, Rallying coverage is a bit shit, cut down far too much IMO, and BTCC will be back soon too :)

1995clio16v
15-03-2008, 21:21
BTTC - highly exciting

Rallying - awesome, eurosport coverage is mega, loads on there.

F1 - only good for looking at those birds that hold them umbrella's up

MotoGP- SIMPLY AWESOME!

wavy
15-03-2008, 22:11
i would like to watch the a1 but not paying for just that
F1 rocks :D this season is going to be good
no traction control + new qualifying seems to be working so far
im out tomorrow so im up at 3.30am to watch it live

eternalife
15-03-2008, 22:15
Watched and followed F1 for years - its definitely more interesting following it for a number of years.

I hate Hamilton.

Wobba
15-03-2008, 23:57
I think the new blood in F1 has made it much more exciting now. I did think a couple of years ago it was just a bunch of guys going round and round a track and it was boring compared to the old days of Mansell, Senna etc.

I just saw a clip where Mansell won the GB F1 race and Senna broke down on the last lap. Mansell stopped and Senna got on board and they told the Marshall who was yelling to get off the F1 car to FO and they went round with Senna clinging onto the back haha , those were the days.

I love rallying, some truly remarkable driving. It's mesmerising to watch.

I hope this years F1 will be good!

Tommo
17-03-2008, 11:27
Why does everyone hate Lewis Hamilton?? He's a decent lad, great talent and best F1 driver we have had in a long, long time and everyone slates him!! Typical British mentality I suppose, anywhere else he would be treated like the second coming!

Daz.
17-03-2008, 17:01
Why does everyone hate Lewis Hamilton?? He's a decent lad, great talent and best F1 driver we have had in a long, long time and everyone slates him!! Typical British mentality I suppose, anywhere else he would be treated like the second coming!

He's not the best F1 driver we've had in a while - he's the best F1 driver we've had in a while that managed to be in a very competitive car..

One day it would be soooo nice for them to all go out in the identical car - I'd love to see some of the midfielders piss all over these so called top F! drivers.

richy
17-03-2008, 20:24

it is typical mentality, as soon as we get a good driver again then the usual slating starts!

daz if the so called midfielders were that good then im sure they would of been snapped up by the big teams already!

having no traction control esp when the rainy races happen will show the difference between average/good and great drivers!

have to say i pissed myself when kimi (not attempting to spell his 2nd name) spun after touching the grass! :lol: :lol:

Daz.
18-03-2008, 05:30
daz if the so called midfielders were that good then im sure they would of been snapped up by the big teams already!

Waaaaay too many drivers for that to happen - theres maybe 3 teams maximum a year that could challenge for a title, thats 6 drivers, trying to swap those 6 (if they were all rubbish) for 6 good midfielders would never happen, lower teams want to keep the best drivers to make their uncompetetive cars competitive and they'll all be on good 2 year, 3 year contracts yada yada..

Look at Heiki, shed of a car last year no-one noticed him apart from fans and people in the know - straight into a competitive car and for most of the race keeping Hamilton easily honest, It was a great shame he had troubles with the timings of the safety cars - Alonso - for me the best driver of last year by far if a tad too unconsistent - granted better renault this year than last year but still not mcclaren pace and I thought he had one of his best races for ages!

I always said to my dad when we used to watch it - lets see how good someone really is by sticking them in a shitter and see if they can still make miracles :D

Lunner
18-03-2008, 12:10

I always said to my dad when we used to watch it - lets see how good someone really is by sticking them in a shitter and see if they can still make miracles :D

They've already done that.....its called the A1 GP, just not many people watch it cus its on sky sports

Tommo
18-03-2008, 14:08
I lost interest in F1 years ago, I just like to see a British lad doing well in top motorsport, who cares if he has the better car, fair play to him is what I say. I just can't understand where all this negativity comes from, does patriotism not exist here anymore?

Wobba
18-03-2008, 14:44
I lost interest in F1 years ago, I just like to see a British lad doing well in top motorsport, who cares if he has the better car, fair play to him is what I say. I just can't understand where all this negativity comes from, does patriotism not exist here anymore?

Yea I agree here, I think he has done us and motorsport proud!

richy
18-03-2008, 19:58
i agree about heiki, i thought he did well despite a shite car scoring more points the fizzykella(lol) in his first year, was hoping mclaren would take him on!

it was the same last year though, everyone being negative about hamilton because he was winning, if he was doing a button he would be called a plucky brit with fighting spirit! :roll: just never done shit!