PDA

View Full Version : boost circuit

lewis_willy2
09-03-2008, 14:19
is this the boost circuit i use for my turbo as i havent got anything coming off my compressor for the actuator feed.
and my boost gauge to come off another T piece from the inlet manifold and the other side of the boost controller goes to atmosphere?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/lewisredfern001/SBR-controller-cheat.jpg

Justin..
09-03-2008, 19:52
yeah as far as i know you can tap into any vacuum hose

number1
09-03-2008, 22:25
I Think the wastegate feed has to be infront of the throttle butterfly so the wastegate doesnt get confused when you shut the throttle off

Dave

kj16v
10-03-2008, 00:26
I Think the wastegate feed has to be infront of the throttle butterfly so the wastegate doesnt get confused when you shut the throttle off

Dave

The wastegate line can go before or after the throttle butterfly. It doesn't matter too much

Lewis: What you wrote doesn't quite make sense. Can you rewrite it mate?

lewis_willy2
10-03-2008, 14:47
well my boost controller has 3 bits on it to have pipe coming off
1: to the actuator
2: to a t piece coming from between inlet and dump valve
3: vent to atmosphere

but then i want to add my boost gauge into the circuit. i was going to put another t piece in between the inlet and dump valve (next to the t piece for the boost controller) and run it straight to my boost gauge....but does it matter which side i put the boost gauge t piece. to the left of the t piece in the drawing or the right?

is that any better?

lewis_willy2
10-03-2008, 14:48
anyone with any pics would help?

Justin..
10-03-2008, 20:20
boost gauge can go anyway as it will measure the boost the controller is set to. it wouldnt affect it if it went either left or right. just dont put it between the actuator and boost controller as you will get a wrong reading.

paush
10-03-2008, 22:16
As long as it taps onto the inlet manifold, or just after the throttle body, you'll be ok. You can share the dump valve hose you already have, but don't tap into the MAP sensor or brakes servo hoses.

Also you musn't tap inbetween the throttle body and the turbo because the gauge wouldn't read any vacuum, only boost.

Justin..
10-03-2008, 22:32
As long as it taps onto the inlet manifold, or just after the throttle body, you'll be ok. You can share the dump valve hose you already have, but don't tap into the MAP sensor or brakes servo hoses.

Also you musn't tap inbetween the throttle body and the turbo because the gauge wouldn't read any vacuum, only boost.

:? erm, theres boost from the turbo onwards. only place that there is vacuum is on the cam cover breather and brake servo vacuum pipe.

Justin..
10-03-2008, 22:33
:x must learn to read properly ! my apologies!